X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid design change with no notice

Ok I have to ***** a bit here.
    I ordered a new ¾” flexible leader .
    when I opened the box to check it , I t had a spring loaded pin not the normal twist lock.
    It dose look like it will work just fine.
    But there was no information on a change given to me or noted any ware. And the pisser is the k-60 pin key won’t fit.
    I have others but my point is no notification of a product change. If I did not also use other types of this cable I would have went throw the roof

I will post pics soon

Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Mike the change was made for a positive reason. This was done to help prevent the 1/2 eccentric screw from either getting stuck or from releasing the cable. Fortunatly the cables are all interchangeable so eventually as the old fades out, the new design will still continue to work with all your old cutters male ends. It's just the female cable ends that now have the spring loaded pin for a positive reason.

back In the day when I used 3/4" ridgid drum cables, I was having lots of issues with the screw either stripping, locking, or seizing. It takes a lot of strain and that little hardened 1/2 screw had to put up with lots of stress.

my k60 7/8" cable pins have been trouble free for life. The 5/8" are a little more finiky as the springs are much lighter.

ps. I thought you were a jetter and k60 guy now. What are you doing messing with drums

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I use a scratch awl for the k60 and it fits 5/8 and 7/8 cable. Is this a possibility?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

All new style cables since launch should have had a tag on them with illustrated instructions on how the coupler works. Did yours come with one? If not I need to figure out how it could have happened. At first I thought there was the possibility we forgot to add it to the leader but we have it in the system.

What works best IMHO for decoupling cables is a small pocket screw driver. Just stick it in and depress the pin. Works really easy. As far as coupling them... if you are using the new style male new style female they can be slid on without a tool. The new coupling system is backward compatible with tools and cables already out there but you will need to use a screwdriver or awl to depress the pin on decouple and couple.

For the future. If the tag isnt sufficient, what would be the best method for us to do to get the word out to you on a change like this? Always looking for ways to improve.

Sorry about the inconvenience. BTW... I do think this will be a better system. Quicker to use and very reliable.

Thanks, Josh

Comment

I have this style connecter on my 3/4" cable I use a scratch awl. The ends have been holding up for a while now.

Josh, maybe a graphic on the box itself. Or include a small tool for depressing the button attached to a tag that is tie wrapped to the female end.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I do think it will be better in the end .
            But my point is you order one thing and get another……..
            Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
            1-920-284-7471

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
              PLUMBER RICK commented
              Editing a comment
              if josh had anything to do with it, it will be better. i've seen it at a ridgid road show and i liked it. works almost identical to the k-60 7/8'' cable connectors.

Rick.

A lot of stuff we buy (doesn't matter what) have printed in description details something like : " reserve the right to make changes without notice, to product desigen, product components and product manufacturing methods" usually in small print about this size so you don't read it reserve the right to make changes without notice, to product design, product components and product manufacturing methods
            Last edited by mbhydro; 07-16-2014, 06:14 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

So how is the cable holding up for you?
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

seem good? not sure long term, Im a convert to the sectional. LOL
                Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
                1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                X