Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I could clean your 4" line but that won't fix your problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could clean your 4" line but that won't fix your problem.

Don't you love customers who argue with your diagnosis, and then get mad when your right? I had a customer whose washing machine was backing up into his kitchen sink and he wanted me to clean his sewer. I looked in the crawl space to make sure he did not have a separate 4" line or a wye. Nope just a typical 2" line that tied into the main. I checked his stool and tub with him standing by me already knowing it was not the sewer and he told me "look I know it's the sewer because 2 things are backing up I'm not stupid, just clean the sewer." I told him I will clean it but if it doesn't fix the sink and washer I was still going to charge him for everything I did and he agreed. I had him turn his tub on and cleaned out his 110' tile sewer in 30 minutes and then had him go try his washer and sure enough it backed up into his sink. Finally he let me clean his 2" line and he was taken care of. He wound up paying triple the cost to fix his problem because he felt like he needed to tell me how to do my job. How do you deal with these shituations?

You R a wise Man ! You handled that situation perfectly ! I'm impressed ! Keep these coming please !!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I would have did it correctly the first time or walked out.

Would have told him that if I do the 2" line and it doesn't solve the problem then it's on me.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        I would have did it correctly the first time or walked out.

Would have told him that if I do the 2" line and it doesn't solve the problem then it's on me.
        yep
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

either opinion works for me.

David

Comment

it's our job to educate the customers. i too would have done the 2'' line first and then if they wanted the 4'' main done, then charge them for the main too.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Theres several ways to skin a cat & whether you had done the 4" or 2" first it doesn't really matter as you gave your professional assessment & advised a clear solution which rightly or wrongly the customer out of their own accord disagreed with - who knows the customer may have had a previous experience using someone who messed up the same or similar job - or the customer may just be one of those people who thinks they know better & as long as they are willing to foot the bill, then you might as well give them good customer service & give them what they want.

It sounds like you were professional in your approach & you gave the customer what they asked for & at the end of the day they can sleep easy that their drains are nice & clear - even if it did cost them more because they chose the customer is always right approach.

Good work mate.

Comment

Working...
              X