I think im going to be sick....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think im going to be sick....

Well after a very long day yesterday I parked my truck were I normally do all the time.in the midst of me being tired and just wanted to go home, I forgot to put the lock on the back door and put my alarm on.well I just went to my truck to start my day and guess what .....? My motha....effffin Camera is gone!!!!! None of other tools or equipment are gone...im feeling broken right now...as upset as I am this was a learning process...not only puck locks on the doors but now. Chains and locks on my equipment in the truck as well.so I have been saving a little bit for something like this .I..bought it used rebuilt the camera head and was doing good so far.i dont know how to get another one..I dont know about ebay...and id feel bad buying one of Craigslist knowing it probably came from a poor sap like me...I dont have that much money saved..its going to take time to get another one...but at the end of it all at least I know that I worked my butt off to save for one.i didnt have to steal or take from someone else I worked for it..and thats what ill do again..to the guy that took mine..congrats. ..u cought me sleepimg ...savor the flavor because it wont happen twice

darn it man. Check craigslist and the pawnshops.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• sewermonster85
      sewermonster85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude I just remembered something...I remember watching a video or looking at one of your posts and seen how u wrote in your reel...that's where I got the idea from...cops said if that wasn't in there then I probably wouldn't have gotten it back so easily. ..so thank you for that bud

Almost always it's someone that you know or someone that knows someone that knows you.

Comment

Well as luck would have it I made a police report and after words I checked the usuals and wouldn't you know it THE DARN DUMMY PAWNED IT CLOSE BY MY SHOP..I wrote inside the reel my name and a personalized message and a certain color spray paint and wouldn't u know its there..called the cops showed them my purchase invoice and explained to them before we got there the distinctive markings and where they were located ...so they know its mine and I'm getting it back...:I CANNOT EXPLAIN INTO WORDS HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW...Taking the rest of the day off investing in some chains and locks and preparing for tomorrow...thanks for the advice mi amigos..:-) Funny thing is it was one of my niehbors kids.....

Comment

did you talk to the kid yet?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

23 yr old kid...smhthe bad thing is I've had this guy work with me a couple of timesI did not know it what I guess he has a little bit of a drug problemthe cops are locking him up I don't know if I'm gonna press charges yet I haven't got the camera back I still got to do some paperwork

Comment

He stole from me but yet I'm the one that feels bad for him...I must be loosing it..
            Last edited by sewermonster85; 07-26-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

dude you're way too nice. Let me find someone who stole from me. Jail would be the least of their worries!
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

if this was the old me before I got saved things would have been different .LOL

Comment

I really like where I live. I packed up and left a job last winter and left my camera reel and monitor sitting on the side of the house. Went home and didn't notice it was missing until I went to use it the next day. Drove back over and there it sat, right where I left it. I can't imagine having to fort knox my van. I leave the door to the shop not only unlocked, but propped open most days so the cat can come and go. I'm never going back to the real world.

Nice of you to recognize that the person has a problem. But, that's why we treat juveniles differently than adults. 23 yo is old enough to have learned better by almost anyone's standard. Sad as it is, some people need to bang their heads on a wall a long while before they decide to grow up. Some never do. I'm not sure what the best way to help people like that is. But then, I'm not really a good enough person to want to try most of the time. I pretty much just want to get them out my life w/o getting any on me.

Glad you got your camera back.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

• sewermonster85
                    sewermonster85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow.....that's crazy my man.

A burglar broke into homes, barns and cars for years in my brother's area of the country. After getting hit a couple of times he started marking everything with 'this item was stolen from Stephen H______.' Next time he was broken into, a quick trip to the local pawn shop was all it took to find his tools. Of course, proof of ownership was pretty easy with the tools marked like that. Eventually someone shot and killed that burglar. No charges were pressed and B&E's stopped almost entirely in that area.

Comment

I'm actually glad that i didn't catch him.im in indiana and we can carry in this state at all times without issues.i carry 9 out of 10 days it's on my hip.goes to work with me like it's my best friend..it's a shame what preventive measures we have to take to avoid something like this...
                    Last edited by sewermonster85; 07-26-2014, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I just got home after a panic phone call from checking one of my friends sons tool bag location as he was worried about his tools going missing over the weekend.

He and his sister are going to the lake to visit mom and dad in the sisters car, and Lorne (3rd year electrical apprentice) being in a hurry to get out of the city to beat traffic could not remember if he had taken his hand tools out of the back of his pickup truck and put them in the house / Garage . They were already 1 hour out and didn't want to turn back if they could find somebody in the city to check for them.

While not as many expensive tools as a plumber it would still have been lots of cash to replace all of his stuff if it had gone missing, especially at apprentice wages.

Being an alarm key holder to the folks house I was able to determine that his tools were put away before he left.

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
                        23 yr old kid...smhthe bad thing is I've had this guy work with me a couple of timesI did not know it what I guess he has a little bit of a drug problemthe cops are locking him up I don't know if I'm gonna press charges yet I haven't got the camera back I still got to do some paperwork
                        There would be no hesitation to press charges on my part. I bet he didn't hesitate when the chance came to steal your stuff.

Comment

You're right...that little b* stard should be held accountable for his actions..his mom is begging me not to but either way he's screwed..thats a felony pawning stolen stuff.then add on burglary from my van ..dumb young punks looking at at least a 5piece....if I can tell him one piece of advice....don't drop the soap..lol

Comment

Working...
                          X