back up camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back up camera

As u all know what happened to me the other day , I was thinking about a back up.Buddy of mine selling a hathorn brand camera.its am older one and has the TV vcr monitor..the price is right I just don't know if the cam can be repaired or get parts for anymore. Maybe u guys would know more..any input ? Thanks again.

Since second had Ridgid CCTV gear only comes up for sale online in NZ once every 6 - 12 months at best I thought why not test out the quality of the Chinese CCTV units, & bought a 40m (you can get a 50m) with sonde.

It cost me a total of $1300 NZ Dollars landed & with 15% NZ tax. It will negotiate pipes down to 50mm (not traps) & has a 7" screen with really good definition & bright lights. The cables thinner & a lot stiffer than Ridgid, but it usually pushes all the way out.

It records to a memory card (not USB) & the recording system is a bit average - I'd rather use the AV/Video outputs on it to record to a better $200 - $300 recorder bought locally.

The sonde isn't as strong as Ridgid's - probably only good to several feet max using the Ridgid Scout locator.

I only bought it to see how far off the Chinese where compared to Ridgid & I wanted a temporary back up unit until I could afford to buy another Ridgid system.

Love my Ridgid CCTV system & Ridgid is still miles & miles ahead, but for a cheap back up I was pleasantly surprised with the Chinese unit.

Comment

Working...
    X