CABLE QUESTION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CABLE QUESTION

In the market for new cable . general Maxi rooter has 125 ft 3/4 ' w core. I see 5/8" is available with or without core. Any input much appreciated.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

stick with the 3/4'' inner core. when fishing for sharks, you don't use tackle made for trout.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

• toolaholic
      toolaholic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Brother. You're always there for Us all !

The Maxi rooter and the 3/4" innercore is/are a correct match. My General Speedrooters have 5/8" innercore cable, I find them capable of most jobs. They might take a little longer but they will pull out some big root balls.

David

Comment

My 91 has 5/8 cable and is very capable.

Comment

Marvin's shipping the 3/4" today or tomorrow , also 2 sets of weld on connectors. had 2 cut my cable in 1/2 . Don't ask !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
          My 91 has 5/8 cable and is very capable.

Agreed but that begs the question. The heavier and stronger machines do what better?

David

Comment

I never had much luck with the 5/8 the head would come off if not taped on and it would break way to easy stay with IC 3/4 you will save money

Comment

The General 5/8" cable? I've never had a head come off. I did have a head break once but I was pushing it hard. Then I just ordered another head, actually several.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
                The General 5/8" cable? I've never had a head come off. I did have a head break once but I was pushing it hard. Then I just ordered another head, actually several.

David
                I meant the cutter. The screw will knock lose as there is not as much thread as the 3/4 and the cutter comes off if your working on a hard spot. but I still tape around screw on the 3/4 just incase, as the screw will still work lose. That is just if you use the general connection.

Comment

Working...
                X