X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID, PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS TOO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hv2Mo66Pgs

Attached Files
    Last edited by tenniselbow; 03-25-2015, 09:23 PM.

When I use my sink gun/hand rodder I usually rest it on the opening of a five gallon pail. Lay the sink gun so it "bridges" the pail opening with the chuck on one edge and the handle on the other facing up to allow access to the trigger switch and to stabilize the sink gun. I use Electric Eel and Generals sink guns and both operate fine this way. It places the sink gun at a good height to the drain opening and allows a free hand to work the cable when needed. And the pail for carrying needed tools. I hope this helps.

Comment

I think your design would super easy to make. Remove the bolt holding the autofeed and place a telescopic pole with the matching bolt on the end. On the end of the pole, use a rubber boot like on the K50 feet. Aw heck......time to get the K39af out the garage.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Another " SMART MONKEY AWARD TO BEN "
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'm not understanding this... what's the problem holding onto it with two hands ? You want a floor model buy the K-40.

You running one of those POS without an autofeed ???

Comment

They already make a handheld that sits on the floor. Its called the K40. Uses the same drum as the handhelds just uses a foot switch, and a guide hose (which I don't use) As for RPM so what if it spins slower, just means you take your time and let the cable end do its job.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            Ron's Facebook
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I think your new calling should be a cartoonist. Leave the drain cleaning to us that can hold a machine.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I like the drawing. The guy with the proposed tool is really happy where the guy on the left shows true frustration even as a stick figure ;-)

Comment

[ATTACH]n686730[/ATTACH]
                  Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  I think your design would super easy to make. Remove the bolt holding the autofeed and place a telescopic pole with the matching bolt on the end. On the end of the pole, use a rubber boot like on the K50 feet. Aw heck......time to get the K39af out the garage.

K-39!...that's what I used for my prototype! Had a number of old hand-helds that I could have chosen to modify but the K-39 fit the bill because of the aluminum plate that separates the plastic motor housing/grip from the gear casing; I replicated said piece with steel and that is what I attached the grip neck too as well as the base for the telescopic leg. It's true, it doesn't look like much but it works like a dream; as small, light and portable/versatile as any pistol grip but basically weightless (while using), pivotable, angleable, extendable and with the grip over the center of gravity it makes it crazy easy to handle the machine during use or set-up/clean up. I had a hunch but didn't really know how well it would perform until I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by tenniselbow View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_19312_1421384819210_733[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n686730[/ATTACH]

K-39!...that's what I used for my prototype! Had a number of old hand-helds that I could have chosen to modify but the K-39 fit the bill because of the aluminum plate that separates the plastic motor housing/grip from the gear casing; I replicated said piece with steel and that is what I attached the grip neck too as well as the base for the telescopic leg. It's true, it doesn't look like much but it works like a dream; as small, light and portable/versatile as any pistol grip but basically weightless (while using), pivotable, angleable, extendable and with the grip over the center of gravity it makes it crazy easy to handle the machine during use or set-up/clean up. I had a hunch but didn't really know how well it would perform until I tried.

Does this thing fit underneath a kitchen/bathroom sink vanity ? If not how do you deal with the excess cable ? What's stopping you from purchasing a K-45AF ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Does this thing fit underneath a kitchen/bathroom sink vanity ? If not how do you deal with the excess cable ? What's stopping you from purchasing a K-45AF ?
                      Yes! fits in the cabinet/vanity (same size as any hand-held). Extendable, single leg allows for height, attitude and pivotability adjustment....one can get the nose of the drum as close to the drain inlet as desired so no kinking or looping of the cable occurs. Yes, an Auto-feed could be installed for anyone's preference (I personally don't like them).

Why no K-45AF?......it's just another pistol-grip; try one and you've tried all. If one likes their pistol-grip then by all means....continue to use this un-arguably un-ergonomic and notoriously difficult tool. I think there's a better, simpler way.

Why no K-40?.....never used it and really should before I pipe in but I'm assuming it's bigger, heavier and more expensive and may take an extra trip to the van for tools etc while my modified K-39 I can hold in one hand (with out the dirty drum dripping to the ground) and a bucket with towels and tools in the other. Also, K-40 sits on the floor (it's a floor machine). My modified K-39 doesn't really sit, must be held....it's a hand-held...but with out the weight of a pistol grip.

Yes, I'm biased because I'm proud of my innovation but I don't use my pistol-grip any more because I'm biased, I use it because this ugly contraption works better than a pistol-grip and I end up working far less!.....unfortunately even seasoned plumbers, drain-cleaners and r&d engineers are blind to it's superiority until they actually use it.
                      Last edited by tenniselbow; 01-17-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Drain Pro
                        Drain Pro commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A K45AF is much better from an ergonomic standpoint than other pistol rodders. I've switched from an Eel model S and it's night and day.

.....watch it work.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hv2Mo66Pgs

Last edited by tenniselbow; 03-25-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• fixitright
                        fixitright commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And they say drain cleaners ain't to smart.

I take one
                      Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                      1-920-284-7471

Comment

• tenniselbow
                        tenniselbow commented
                        Editing a comment
                        dang it to heck if I can make this work then I'll give one to you. It's like parallel parking with power steering vs no power steering...no lie

I remember somebody had a drill snake with a shoulder strap.

i don't think it's a bad idea. If the monopod had a fold down option, it would be mo' betta.

I don't have a problem with the pistol trigger. When I had the K39 I'd usually hold the drill snake with one hand and press the trigger with my little finger.

Comment

Originally posted by tenniselbow View Post
                        .....watch it work....

After watching the video I think your in the wrong profession !

Seriously, why not just put your efforts into a pistol rodder with a power feed ? You can always hold it with 2 hands not having to touch the cable. Or... get yourself a K-40 and set the bitc* on the floor

Comment

• DrainCleaningTony
                          DrainCleaningTony commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Assy,

What do you mean by pistol rodder?

• AssTyme
                          AssTyme commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Pistol rodder = drill type rodder.
                      Working...
                      X