Clog chopper and womans hair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clog chopper and womans hair

Shower blockage. Used My super Vee and 1" Clog Chopper . Went out maybe 15 Ft. . Thought I lost it all outside the Pipe ! Reverse N forward finally retrived it all. couldn.t believe the ball of hair ! Drains fine. Is hair that tough ? Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

I remember I did a job for a Pervuian family. Had 5 girls, all with hair to their waist. One of the worst stoppages I've had in awhile.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I too have a client with a family of girls ..
      hair is not only strong but its fine , so get a long run with a few turns and they all have a bit of hair and you end up with a ball that wont break up like roots .
      No cutter will cut it so that makes it worse .
      I always pull out the cable when I feel it hit stuff on a shower/tub line .

Comment

Hair can be like roots and rope. An auger or reverse auger on an open wind cable will easily cut into and break up that hair ball. Treat them like roots and cut through them. Trying to plow through them is difficult with a small machine and cable.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

We had a 6 flat that the landlord had us come in every year and power rod the bathtub drains in all the units regardless if they drained fine or not. Thing that shocked me was the slow draining tubs we pulled out a small amount of hair, the tubs that drained fine we ended up pulling out enough hair to fill a coffee can.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks Guys Lesson learned ! The apprentice in training. Tool
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Strength: MAN vs COPPER

A HUMAN hair is stronger than a copper wire of the same thickness and can stretch up to 30 per cent before snapping. An average head of hair when twisted together can support 23 tonnes of weight, or the equivalent of around 100 people. Man wins
              http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-beetle-500866
              Is a strand of hair stronger than a strand of steel the same size?
              Answer 1:

Yes and no; it depends on what kind of strength you mean.

There are two kinds of mechanical strength: compressional strength and tensile strength. Tensile strength is how strong the material is when being stretched. For something like a cable to hang something from, you want high tensile strength. Compressional strength is how well the substance resists being squished. For something like an arch, you want compressional strength.

Hair is made out of protein. Proteins, by and large, are great at tension and awful at compression. For tensile strength, yes, hair is stronger than steel.

For compression, well, feathers are made out of the same protein, and you know how hard pillows are!

Answer 2:

Here are typical ultimate strengths of different materials when pulled.These can all vary depending on purity:

Nylon thread: 75 MPa
              Human hairs: 200 MPa
              Ordinary structural steel: 400 MPa
              Silk: 500 MPa
              Spider web (dragline): 1200 MPa
              Piano wire steel: 2300 MPa
              Carbon Nanotube: 62000 MPa

So it looks like human hair is stronger than nylon but weaker than almost any steel. Piano wire is much stronger, and spider silk is in between. Carbon Nanotube could be the strongest thing, although we currently don't know how to make them longer than about 1 mm.

They're also super stretchy before they break, which could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what you want to use it for. http://scienceline.ucsb.edu/getkey.php?key=1693
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I always tell them, it ain't mine and then take off my hat.

Comment

• toolaholic
                  toolaholic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shaved head hair also Brother !

• fixitright
                  fixitright commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mines not so much shaved as ..............

Comment

I did a couple of Nuns homes back in the 80's bathtub was full of hair,

back a few years ago they exhumed President Zachary Taylor to test his hair for the presence of arsenic to see if that is why he died, just thank after over 150 years his hair was still their
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

So was there arsenic? Haha

I cut the head off of my 1/4" cables and just bend a 1" 45 in the cable
                    Which License Would You Like To See?
                    c36, LA City, LA County, NITC, P.I.P.E Or PHCC?

Comment

ive had some very expensive hair on the end of my cables. they came from celebrities who don't have too much left to start with.

All i can say is if i could clone their hair into people, i wouldn't have to work anymore. Both are known to all.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Why use a clog chopper on hair at all? I've never had a problem with conventional spring head cables.

Comment

Working...
                        X