Sewer Jetter 3000psi/4gpm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer Jetter 3000psi/4gpm

I'm looking to buy a sewer jetter for Residential to flush buildup and grease. Some of the Jetters come with 200' of 3/8" hose on the main reel and 150' of 1/4" hose on the portable reel. Some come with 200' of 1/4" hose on the main reel and a trap flushing package of 1/8" hose but they have the same direct drive 13hp gas engine. Will 1/4" hose give 3000psi and still deliver 4gpm ?

Yes, perfect. 3/8" hose is stiffer and might not pull with those specs. Plus alot of your work is in 2" pipe and 1/4" is perfect for that. No real advantage for 3/8" running 4gpm.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks so much for your reply Sir.it was a great help.

Comment

I have a similar spec machine.I run 1/4" hose ,great with a root Ranger or a 3 rear 1 forward jet or a rear 5 jet tip..3/8" hose is overkill ,not enough gpm to heavy past 50'

Comment

You guys and your silly jetters...

Comment

• sewermonster85
            sewermonster85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jetter only comes out on request.I use my 1065 everyday. I feel like you do azz,the jetter was just pric d right

• AssTyme
            AssTyme commented
            Editing a comment
            Just razzin' ya!

But yeah I have no use for a jetter.

Please tell me how you clean out roots, mud and debris from styrene area drain pipe and fittings without a jetter. and i guarantee you a snake is not the answer.

There is a reason why i have a truck set up for jetting.

Rick.

phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            Please tell me how you clean out roots, mud and debris from styrene area drain pipe and fittings without a jetter. and i guarantee you a snake is not the answer.

Rick.

Like I said, I have no use for a jetter, 98% of what I do is residential, 2% light commercial. I'm a one man shop and I keep plenty busy. I do well over 1300 drains per year and can count on one hand how many times I could have used a jetter. For me it's not worth the time, money, effort or drama especially in the winter.

Is there a time and place for them? Sure there is but it's not for me.

Comment

I used the jetter today.Got a call at a garage,Mechanic shop,.Two bathrooms back to back,both toilets backing up into men's shower, couldn't pull the toilet line was under pressure. Went above in loft area big open storage area and viola there's a soil stack.I drilled a 1" hole in the soill stack,jetted it and popped open .put a cork in the drilled hole and back in business.They were pretty impressed as compared to their other guy who pulls the toilet and floods out the shop....So I told them to let me come back and cut a piece of the stack out and put a clean out in so we can camera t h e line and for future maintenance..,They were happy to do so...99% of the time I cable lines,,this was that weird situation were the jetter was needed...and it was quite profitable

Comment

Or the 6" root stoppage in the main today at a 40 unit building that I cleared and cleaned 150' along with another 5" line 78' in under 1 hour.

yes I get paid good for jetting and I do enough of it to be able to purchase new equipment every year if I want to. My jetter has been in my sprinter for 9 months and has 81 hours on it. There would be more hours, but I tend to shut it off instead of idelling all the time.

Rick.
                Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-15-2017, 10:21 PM.
                phoebe it is

Comment

• sewermonster85
                  sewermonster85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice it's a skid mount right? No more trailer? Do u still do service work out of it or is it just for jetting?

Primarily for jetting and drain cleaning, but I also have a good selection of repair parts and tools inside. I drive it more than my nissan nv thats set up for service. My nissan is probably 1 day a week and my sprinter is 4, 5 days a week.

the skid mount is on a pull out roller that allows it to run outside the side door either 2' or 4' for service.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
                    Do you find now that you do more jetting rather than cabling because you have the jetter? I mean, in the past, you had no jetter. But you likely rarely turned down jobs unless it absolutely called for a high gpm jetter where you would call another. (Guessing, of course.)

So you got all your jobs done with cables. Now that you have the jetter/s, do you find yourself going to the jetter on jobs where in the past you would have went for the cables?

Thanks.

Comment

I've been jetting over 20 years, but trailer jetting for almost 14 years now. the larger jetters allow for faster work typically and more productive root cutters.

i still do lot of cabling, but area drains are 90% jetting since i already know it;s mud, roots and most of the time junk styrene that a cable will destroy the 90's and non directional tees.

sewer mains over 120' i will jet, mountainsides will always jet, 6'' stoppages typically jet as 3'' or 4'' cleanouts are the standard.

I also follow up for lots of others with a camera and a jetter. i know 100%, that a jetter will outperform a snake 99% of the time. after following up for hundreds of other plumbers and drain cleaners, i know what works and what flops. a properly sized jetter with the proper nozzles will outperform pretty much anything. also jetting is so much faster and less physical work most of the time. yes it can get messy, but that's why i have tyvex suits when i'm doing overhead cleanouts all day long.

cameras don't lie, and jetters don't miss much.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Maybe to put it another way- Do you find that you are jetting more now than say...8 or 9 years ago? Because it's easier?

I just think that things always go to easier no matter what. So I was wondering if you were jetting more due to it being easier. No judgment for that. After all, most know a jetter will typically do a better job if done correctly. Why not do easier and better if possible? Right?

Comment

Thank yall for all the comments they've been of great help. Truly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X