The not so good smelling plumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The not so good smelling plumber

Went to a new customer's home yesterday for a camera inspection and jetting. She shows me an invoice from the smell good plumber from 2010.

Read it closely and and see what doesn't smell right.

PS. I was easily able to push out the 117' to city wye connection.

Rick.

Sorry, need to delete the credit card number and repost.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-12-2018, 09:49 AM.
    phoebe it is

Let's try this screen shot as I don't have a photoshop app to fix it right now.

Rick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180412-092356.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	729543
    phoebe it is

Comment

• fixitright
      fixitright commented
      Editing a comment
      Their doing camera inspections for $99.00 ?

I'd go broke at that price.

• AssTyme
      AssTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the bill was $99.00 for the rodding and inspection. Yikes!

• AssTyme
      AssTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      He calls it a transition then a wye?

Ok so what's the issue other than low cost? Cleared the line but no actual camera?

Comment

Cleaned and cameraed for less than $100 and the drain lasted for 8 years? Well damn. Doubt they're still in business. As far as not being able to get the camera past the 4x6 it's probably just inexperience on the techs side see he reffered to his supervisor? Kid may have only been doing this for 4 months and thrown into a truck who knows? Also maybe he was supplied with a cheap camera with a crappy push rod. Cut the kid a break sewer lasted 8 years and more likely than not he doesn't work in the trade anymore. Bet $99 places have stupid high turnover rates.
      -Byron

Comment

• JFDI
        JFDI commented
        Editing a comment
        Just googled them - they are still going strong. $99 to unblock is a great deal if its done well, & even paying another $99 for the camera service is a good deal.

Typically they use the come on price to get their foot in the door.no the drain didn't last 9 years. That was an invoice she show d me to get an idea of her past record.

Read.line #2. Said he ran camera into 4 x 6 wye but couldn't pass it.
      Rar
      Line #3 reads if problem continues, recommends to camera past 4x6 wye.

So basically he said he couldn't pass the wye with the camera, then he said to camera past the wye if the problem continues.

Am I the only one that finds that strange?

She's had it cleaned on 3 years intervals.

I jetted because it's a 3" cleanout , turns to 4" at 10' in And then 6" from 89' to 117'

Of course they never provided the video or photos with their inspection. And stopped at 80' on a 117' line .

Sure it's cheap, but they typically write a $1700 bill for jetting. And 10k or more for lining.

Rick.

phoebe it is

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        They don't record anything. It's all a sales pitch. see the yelp reviews and then make up your mind.

Rick.

Mike Diamond. One hell of a business man

Comment

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mike-diamond-services-orange

Comment

Holey buckets Batman, them boys have bad reviews.
          How do they stay in Business?????

Lots and Lots of Adds?

Comment

Upsell, upsell, upsell, sales, sales, sales

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post

Holey buckets Batman, them boys have bad reviews.
              How do they stay in Business?????

Lots and Lots of Adds?

How? The hope of $99.00 drain cleaning

Comment

I?ll never rely on Yelp for credibility for a business. They can legit block/hide good reviews because they may deem them ?unfiltered?.

Google Maps shows almost an equal number of 5 Star to 1 star reviews for them though.

Comment

Originally posted by ByTheBook View Post
                  I?ll never rely on Yelp for credibility for a business. They can legit block/hide good reviews because they may deem them ?unfiltered?.

Google Maps shows almost an equal number of 5 Star to 1 star reviews for them though.

Google is very unreliable. No filters at all it's very easy to leave your own reviews as one of my competitors frequently does.

To leave reviews on Yelp you have to have a review base and a user profile set up to not get filtered out.

Comment

Guys, I know the company, and owner and some past employees. Along with seeing lots of old invoices.

Believe me the Yelp reviews were being generous.

I remember years ago working on the roof of a commercial building 2 doors from them and was able to see a yard full of trucks sitting there at 10:00 am. And I mean over 25.

Unless those trucks were meant for nights and weekends, they were not going anywhere that day.

Takes people time to know when they were burned. They don't touch fire again.

Rick.
                    ​​​
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post

Google is very unreliable. No filters at all it's very easy to leave your own reviews as one of my competitors frequently does.

To leave reviews on Yelp you have to have a review base and a user profile set up to not get filtered out.
                      I concur with AssTyme There is very bad apple here. He had 13 bad (1 out of 5 stars) on google. A fraudster, a bully etc. All of a sudden he's up to 25 reviews in a 2 weeks time with an average of 4/5. All fake reviews, some of them telling the customer who gave him a bad review to call him to resolve the issue. If you check his reply it is 3 years later!

Comment

Working...
                      X