Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K5208, the big brother of the k60

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I discussed making a bracket that could be secured in a Ridgid tristand. But I'm sure everyone has a milk crate laying around somewhere.

    How would you run a drum machine if the drum is touching the water on the floor and splashing it against the walls?.

    Rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • ChrisConnor
      ChrisConnor commented
      Editing a comment
      depends on the machine. Large upright type machines, spartan, ridgid, general, would be fine. Their motors are over the drum. Sled machines like Gorlitz, need some lifts to keep the electric out of the slosh.

    • Cable or root
      Cable or root commented
      Editing a comment
      What Chris said but I will add when a 1065 drum gets wet the belts slip sometimes so it can still be an issue

  • #17
    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    I discussed making a bracket that could be secured in a Ridgid tristand. But I'm sure everyone has a milk crate laying around somewhere.

    How would you run a drum machine if the drum is touching the water on the floor and splashing it against the walls?.

    Rick.


    Very seldom (maybe once per year) does the water get high enough to touch the drum bottom. I just can't see laying all the cables, cages, etc... and then having to kneel in a chit infested floor to run the machine.

    Comment


    • #18
      Originally posted by AssTyme View Post



      Very seldom (maybe once per year) does the water get high enough to touch the drum bottom. I just can't see laying all the cables, cages, etc... and then having to kneel in a chit infested floor to run the machine.
      And I can't imagine using the dreel setup in a crawlspace with 16" of clearance. Or in a closet over white carpet where 8' back would put you around several corners. Both setups would be nice to have.

      That being said I never have used the dreel setup so maybe I should keep my mouth shut on the subject. But I do use a drill on 90% of my secondary lines now.

      I feel this machine definitely has it's place alongside the dreel
      Last edited by Cable or root; 05-14-2018, 05:44 PM.
      -Byron

      Comment


      • #19
        Once every few years I encounter a flooded basement. I typically pump out the water and then wet vac it. Put in a fan to assist in drying the Concret.

        I.would not run a sewer machine in a flooded basement with power. Probably use my jetter first to pop a hole to drain it down.

        So for you or I the times we encounter a flooded basement and I encounter is not too common. Therefore it's a minor concern of ours.

        Rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #20
          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Once every few years I encounter a flooded basement. I typically pump out the water and then wet vac it. Put in a fan to assist in drying the Concret.

          I.would not run a sewer machine in a flooded basement with power. Probably use my jetter first to pop a hole to drain it down.

          So for you or I the times we encounter a flooded basement and I encounter is not too common. Therefore it's a minor concern of ours.

          Rick.


          Don't you guys have basements? 99% of homes have basements in my area.

          Comment


          • PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            Out here, only the older homes have basements and some of the newer ones too as it doesn't count towards the max. square foot density your're allowed to build. Plus we typically have outside cleanouts or the roof. so not too common that i need to use a basement cleanout. It does happens, but not like you.

            Rick.

        • #21
          Originally posted by Cable or root View Post

          And I can't imagine using the dreel setup in a crawlspace with 16" of clearance. Or in a closet over white carpet where 8' back would put you around several corners. Both setups would be nice to have.

          That being said I never have used the dreel setup so maybe I should keep my mouth shut on the subject. But I do use a drill on 90% of my secondary lines now.

          I feel this machine definitely has it's place alongside the dreel



          Sectionals are a PITA period. I only use them when I have to.

          Comment


          • #22
            I can run a sectional almost as fast as a drum. Especially when stairs are an issue.

            Of course my Whacker is my go to machine for speed and access.

            Today I had an upper floor master toilet that flooded into the kitchen below. Needed to pull the toilet, camera and whack and camera to verify the line was clean and trouble free. Bringing my sectional or drill upstairs through the grand stairway was not what I wanted. Nor was laying out tarps to protect the marble floors and Venetian walls.

            So my 35' Whacker was the right choice navigating 6 changes of direction in the 26' I needed to run.

            The damage alone could easily pass 100k.

            Nothing like a 6:30 am wake up call on Sunday, Mothers Day from a client in a panic.

            All good now and bathroom is up and running again. Restoration company is packing up the lower floor.

            Rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #23
              I just saw on ridgid they have a drum with lazy Susan setup , looks like it could be tweeked to work with flex , I?m sure ridgid already thinking that
              do you work for ridgid rick?
              this might be the first sectional I?ve ever considered

              Comment


              • #24
                Originally posted by South oc plumber View Post
                I just saw on ridgid they have a drum with lazy Susan setup , looks like it could be tweeked to work with flex , I?m sure ridgid already thinking that
                do you work for ridgid rick?
                t
                his might be the first sectional I?ve ever considered
                I wish I did. As most already know, Ridgid uses field testers on some of thier products to get a real feel for how their equipment performs outside of their mock environment.

                Several of us on the forum over the years have participated in field testing new products and designs. Several products have also been designed because of our input from the forum and events that Ridgid has put on over the years.

                So it's a win, win for them and us.

                ​​​​​​You might not believe it, but the forum gets read everyday by the management teams. Ideas and concerns get forwarded to the department heads for follow up.


                ​​​​So in reality, we all work with Ridgid by participating in the forum. And they work with us too.

                Ridgid Rick
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #25
                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  Reel is a protoype, truthfully, it's over engineered and not necessary. It's a lazy susan to assist in reeling up your cable when cleaning up. It's not a drum attachment for running while spinning.

                  Too bulky, and not necessary in my opinion. For $20.00 drop your steel cage on a lazy Susan turntable.

                  Rick.
                  I didn?t think about that , I guess you couldn?t use it while machine was spinning . I have zero experience with sectional machine and a good drum mainline seems like a better idea now . I just can?t grasp how you are taking apart pieces and putting them together in some long linkage all over the place

                  Comment


                  • #26
                    Pretty simple to add sections of cable. 7/8" are 10' long. And 1.25" are 15' long. Once you get the hang of it, the sections go together very fast.

                    Another advantage is by nature, a sectional cleans better between the open winds and the 2x faster rpm's. Also when access is tight or stairs, a sectional is much lighter and compact to get the machine into place.

                    Over the years, my k50 and k60 have done jobs that I could never have done with a larger drum machine from roof top access.

                    There is a learning curve and many tips and tricks with a sectional. But for pure cutting ability, a 1.25" sectional cable gets it open.

                    Rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #27
                      Hey Rick,

                      Did you happen to find a price range on the k5208?
                      I’m back

                      Comment


                      • PLUMBER RICK
                        PLUMBER RICK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not an official price.

                        Rick.

                    • #28
                      Rick - Thanks for the info. Please keep us in the loop when you find out more info on a release date and/or price.
                      I’m back

                      Comment


                      • #29
                        This is what Ridgid tweeted a couple hours ago.

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180914-110835.png Views:	1 Size:	504.5 KB ID:	734801


                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180914_111412663.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	734802
                        That is the k5208 being teased.

                        It's coming.

                        Rick.
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-14-2018, 01:15 PM.
                        phoebe it is

                        Comment


                        • #30
                          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          This is what Ridgid tweeted a couple hours ago.

                          Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20180914-110835.png Views:	1 Size:	504.5 KB ID:	734801


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180914_111412663.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	734802
                          That is the k5208 being teased.

                          It's coming.

                          Rick.



                          Who "tweets"? That's for girls, lol! Why don't they post this on the forum?

                          Comment


                          • PLUMBER RICK
                            PLUMBER RICK commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly why I posted it for all to see.

                            But then again I originally posted about it back in April. So I had the real scoop before all the tweeters.

                            Rick.
                        Working...
                        X