Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a case to hold something with a DVR type cord. Probably either something related to a sewer cam/locator OR some type of flex shaft case.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180914_111412663.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	734802
      I couldn't help but notice all those browser tabs Someone likes to stay busy!

Thanks for the teaser BTW.
      I’m back

Comment

I called a Ridgid rep he said Ridgid does not sell direct save me the name of a few seller like Ferguson and hinted the price might be around $2500 for the machine and guide hose

Comment

• rooterboy
          rooterboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Also there is a picture of the new unit in this month`s cleaner magazine

Look what I found over at Allan J Coleman
        I’m back

Comment

OK so here is my first initial impression of the 5208 and its accessories.
          #1 This machine is SO much lighter, smaller and easier to move around than the 1500.
          #2 The cable key is the best thing since sliced bread...
          #3 Looks like any consumable parts like Belt and Jaws are easily accessed.
          #4 The Lazy Susan (Carrier spinner) is the bees knees no more fighting with cable and loading the cable in and out of the carrier is much faster... down side is one more thing to carry in but worth it IMHO...
          #5 The Plastic Carries are really nice, No More ends of cable sticking through. They are stackable and they have 2 handles for easy transport. I don't know how they would hold up, to being thrown around after a couple years, but with 2 handles it is easy to lay them in the van. I also like the fact that I can mix up some lubricant and spray down the cables with out is getting all over the floor.
          #6 The cable sizer/adjustment on the back of the unit seems simple enough to use... However I only bought the C-10 cable... I will have a better idea when I order up some
          C-11 1-1/4 cable.
          Haven't had a real problem (heavy root) main line yet so I am pretty happy so far with the 1" C-10
          #7 The cutter head tool kit is a little lame so I bought some extra cutters.
          #8 The guide hose is rolled up and pretty stiff, like the junky ones they sell with the k-50 now..., Since I don't use the larger cable there should not be an issue with the cable being hard to pass through, but if I get the C-11 cable I will do surgery and replace the hose.
          Other than that it seems to be well thought out and easier/faster to set up and break down verses the 1500...
          I have heard that in the beginning some beta testers complained about the bearings in the front end... Don't know if Ridgid changed them or not... guess I'll find out in a year or so...
          The only other compliant I heard of was some people saying the jaws don't grip the cable as tight as the 1500.... So far I have not had that problem, it seems to be a tighter grip, but then again I'm not using the C-11, so time will tell...
          Oh and I like the fact that it has little holder to clamp in the electric cord...

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            #2 the cable disconnect tool/ hammer is slick. told them they needed to pre release that tool asap.

The whole idea behind the k5208 is the ability to run 1.25'' cable. using just 7/8'' cable you could have bought the k-60. you really need to buy some 1.25'' cable and see how it really shines.

I didn't have any issues with bearings, but then again I don't encounter freezing weather.

Let us know how your liking this new k60- k1500 replacement.

Rick

• greg755
            greg755 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Rick... I bought the 5208 with the C-10 because I want to use it most of the time, as it is lighter. If need be I can go back to the shop and get the Jetter or Lug out the heavy C-11 cable... I have about 90 foot of C-11 left over (new in box I didnt sell) and 1 head... so depending on how the C-10 goes I may order a couple more lengths of C-11 and a couple more heads... but the whole idea was to get lighter equipment to help out the knees and back.... Which so far the 5208 is doing a good job at... I like that the carries are stack-able so if I do carry both sizes i can and use up about the same foot print as just having one kind of cable in the old wire carriers...

K5208, Cable Carrier (single) and Lazy Susan which comes with 1 carrier and the detachable cable guide know as "the kit"
          Last edited by greg755; 01-07-2019, 11:38 PM.
          YouTube: (subscribe):https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...confirmation=1
          FaceBookpage:https://www.facebook.com/LeGrandAndCompany/

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
            PLUMBER RICK commented
            Editing a comment
            yes, the lazy susan reel is a bit different than the prototype. how much 7/8'' c-10 cable are you able to stuff into 1 drum?

what was the wait time from order to delivery?

Rick

• greg755
            greg755 commented
            Editing a comment
            When i was waiting for the 2 missing carriers I had 5 in each (with room left over) and 2 pieces as new in the box in the shop, there was probably enough room for 1 comfortably maybe 2 if you wanted to fight it... Don't really know as I didn't try. . When the 2 missing carriers arrived I put 3 in each which is really light, but an extra trip on the seldom longer job.... Id rather walk another trip than carry the weight. On most jobs I carry the Lazy susan, machine and hose on one trip and the 2 cable carries on the second trip. So that's 90 ft of cable, which around here is usually enough for 95% of the jobs... If i put in 4 sections that would cover 99.8% but it is just as easy to just grab another one when that happens, IMHO

• greg755
            greg755 commented
            Editing a comment
            I recorder the first round during the holidays so it took about 2 weeks, the second order only took about 5 days from IL. to FL.... AJ Coleman had it all in stock so it was pretty fast... I guess that if I was in a hurry I could have paid for faster shipping, but that was at the normal UPS shipping.

Great review! Not sure about the new cable carriers. One thing I like about the old ones, is they help dry out the cables. My cables are probably almost ten years old, still working good, never changed them but they are probably due.
          I really like the looks of the machine. I don't seem to have any issues with the 7/8th cables, not sure if it's worth going big. Getting new tools if fun though.

Comment

• greg755
            greg755 commented
            Editing a comment
            i try not to let my cables dry out, i rinse them off and I spray them down with penetrating oil or the very least WD-40... just a personal preference... but they are plastic so I do take care not to throw them around... just in case.... I also like using Kerosene mixed with vasaline, it is the same stuff i put in my trucks fenders, doors and tail gate to keep them from rusting out...

5208 If you buy now up to 30 Apr 19 you will get three free lengths of C 11 cable 1 1/4" x 15'

Comment

Working...
          X