Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this forum. Looking to clear roots from my old Eichler home. I had a plumber come by with his K400 two months ago and he pulled out a couple small gold ball sized roots. Now my sink is backing up again so I'm thinking he didn't do a thorough enough job or the roots really grow that fast?!

I'm debating between a K60SP, the big boy K5208,or Milwaukee M18 Fuel. What would be more ideal for an all-rounder life-time tool kind of thing?
    Last edited by RidgidnotRigid; 02-08-2021, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
      All Clear Sewer commented
      Editing a comment
      Milwaukee M18 Fuel hands down. I took all my K-60`s and put them in the shop as they dont get used any more.

Hire a real drain guy with a real sewer machine. Were the roots pulled out of the kitchen sink drain last time? If you have roots growing into a 2” drain its jack hammer time. Don’t spend $3500 on a machine and cables when you can get a permanent solution for 5000. It’s common sense.

Comment

Yes they were pulled out of our sink drain but it was probably around 25'+ out.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
        All Clear Sewer commented
        Editing a comment
        Around here a 2" sink line will go outside and go in to a 4" line. So if you try and clean it from the 2" side you could get stuck trying to pull a 4" root ball back through that 2" line. Good luch but you may be better off calling a drain and sewer guy.

Forget K5208 to big for a sink drain .... A K60SP would be the one for you ... It runs both 7/8 and 5/8" cables , now if your able to get access directly to the 2 " sink waste line say through a vent or Dandy cleanout you will able to use the 7/8 " cables .. along with it's cutters .

This is assuming that the clog is isolated in just the sink drain , It is possible that the roots are growing up the line ( sink ) from the main drain , just speculation a camera inspection would be definitive.

Comment

Working...
      X