No announcement yet.

My experience building my own flex shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I agree. The concept behind both are pretty much the same only exception being the housing .as far as being bulky and taking up so much space, it about the same size as the full size camera reel. Now that being said, the c. d is out of my price range....I pretty much have the same set up as a few of us on here do. For under $400. I still use my 1065 for 85% of my mainline calls. It?s easier when pulling toilets or working in tight areas. I think that?s where the c.d would be ideal. You know as we all know there?s no one machine that does it all . Every tool plays its part. Would I spend 6-8k on a metal box, a drill and some chains ?Heck no. But for $2500 maybe.

Comment

Do these machines come with a drill clutch?

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        hard to see it inside the guard.

Mine doesn't require a clutch as the cable is free to jump. the only breakage i've had is at the connection of the cable to the chuck. snaps off if you allow the cable to get kinked and not spin true. simple 30 second fix to cut off a couple inches.

Rick.

Hi Rick. Can I buy a whacker from you? How much does yours cost?

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
        PLUMBER RICK commented
        Editing a comment
        mine cost me under $200.00 plus the $100.00 drill. It's not for sale. But as others have done, Make your own.

Rick.

Will do Rick! I'll order 75' of flexible shaft from Drain Rehab Solutions to test because it is the least expensive I found per foot anywhere (including the protective casing), and will try to buid my own. I hope to build my own whacker as you have done. Will keep you updated on this project to build the least expensive fs machine. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X