FOUND: Drill adapters for 5/8 & 7/8 cables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND: Drill adapters for 5/8 & 7/8 cables

I've been using the "dreel" setup for years and I'm interested in trying the Ridgid sectional cable now too. I found a source for drill adapters that I thought I'd share with you guys.

The company is Source One Environmental
    https://www.s1eonline.com/buy-now/ca...+Rotator+Shaft

Here are some pics w part #'s and conversion chart their rep sent me:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	adapter16.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	737778

Name:	adapter20.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	737779

Name:	conversion.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	737780

16mm = 5/8
    20mm = 7/8
    (The first 2 #'s in the part # indicate the size)

These are sold to turn Flex Shaft cables but should work for Ridgid sectionals too. I believe they are Renssi tools.

I ordered one of each. Cost was just under $60 w shipping. To my door in 24 hours which was nice.

After receiving these the 5/8 seems to be ok "out of the box" but the 7/8 required a bit of file/grinding (simple) to work. Not sure if this was a defect in the one I got or they all would require a little work??

Of course you could always fab your own easily as shown here (but I didn't have any 5/8 cables yet, let alone a broken one):
    https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/me...524#post729524

Hope this helps you guys who don't have the parts laying around to fab your own.
    Last edited by MainDrain; 01-17-2019, 02:02 PM. Reason: Added pics AGAIN...seems they didn't stay in my post for some reason?

Thanks that is helpful information David

Comment

Or ... make one out of a twisted up cable for less

Comment

By all means if you have a cable to sacrifice and a welder! I'm all for cheap solutions, I just wanted to provide an "off the shelf" option.

Comment

Working...
        X