7/8 inch vs 1 1/4 inch cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/8 inch vs 1 1/4 inch cable

For those that have used both 7/8 inch sectional cable and 1 1/4 inch cable, is the latter overkill for 4 inch (transitions to 6 inch) main drains? Although there can be some nice root balls here in the sewers of Minnesota, they probably are not as bad as other areas across the country where the sewer is closer to the surface due to a shallower freeze line; which means closer to tree roots.
    I’m back

We get some tough root balls here in the north east, most lines are below the frost line 4' and a lot of old houses w/ 4" cast to 6" tile main lines I service. I have 3 different size 1-1/4" I use all electric eel 1/2- 5/8- 11/16" inner core sectionals I don't think there overkill. I also have 7/8" "J" cable also electric eel but I would not use it for clearing a main w/ roots.

Comment

If I know the issue is in the 6" line, I'll grab my 1.25" cables over my 7/8"

7/8" innercore cable can handle 6" lines, but if you know you're fishing for sharks, grab your shark pole. For me my shark pole has 1.25" line.

Yes, snaking a line is like fishing. And I don't like to loose my hook.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Sounds like one can not go wrong with 1 1/4 inch cable in a main drain
        I’m back

Comment

I use 7/8" sectional for most jobs. If it is going to be a 6" sewer or even a chance of a tuff 4" I grab my 1.25" Eel sectional. I have my eyes on the new Ridgid sectional, but waiting for more feedback before buying.

Comment

Working...
          X