Drain Addict

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Addict

One of our customers is a mad keen drain cleaner. He has a YouTube page with 20k subscribers who can?t wait for his daily videos he uploads. Check out Oliver's work here https://youtu.be/i4vHCdxak_E
    Subscribe to his channel for your daily fix of blocked drains Aussie style
    Last edited by bill2601; 05-23-2019, 09:55 PM.
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

i'm one of your customers Bill, just waiting for the email to say you guys have received the K-102 & K204 in stock as I used a brand new K-102 a friend bought directly from the States yesterday on a 40mm waste pipe running virtually the entire 50' from the gully right back to the kitchen trap 3x 90's & the kitchen trap.

He was sceptical about whether it would be any good as some plumbers had been there a few weeks before using an augur, but it surprised both of us - I'll post the video sometime today.

Back to Drain Addict, Oliver's videos are entertaining, but he's making far far too much mess when he doesn't have to.

What I can see from the pressure gauge on his the reel, he's running around 3000 PSI & sometimes even less at the reel, not a solid 4300 - 5000 PSI.
    Last edited by JFDI; 05-31-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• bill2601
      bill2601 commented
      Editing a comment
      We expect to have your Ridgid flex shaft any day. Oliver is a really nice guy. Perhaps his methods are more theatrical for his viewers pleasure

He uses a 5000psi 25 lpm (6gpm) Jetter. The pressure at the mini reel will change depending on the back pressure created by the nozzle and the hose size on the mini reel. A 3/16” hose will create more back pressure and show a higher reading at the gauge.

Looking forward to seeing your videos

• JFDI
      JFDI commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Bill. I run you 1/4" hoses & only your nozzles, so does my cobber. You are of course correct that pressure is determined by the nozzle so I can only guess Oliver is running his ENZ nozzle oversized for a higher flowing machine since it drops off his pressure so much. I think you are right in that Oliver does put on a show, he is entertaining no doubt.

quick connects for jetters make me cringe

Comment

• bill2601
      bill2601 commented
      Editing a comment
      98% of Aussie plumbers use them. I could never go back to screwing nozzles on again. I’ve been trying to convert Rick for many years

There are many cheap variations out there that can let go. We designed our short quick coupler to lock on. The only way it can let go is operator error.

Oliver demonstrates in one of his videos how he uses a Rare Earth Magnet to locate and retrieve a nozzle that has come off his quick connector. Cool idea!

• PLUMBER RICK
      PLUMBER RICK commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see where in the case of the video he's using multiple nozzles on large diameter pipe, a quick connect worked fine.

But what happens on Small diameter pipe. 1.5" /38 mm or 2"/ 50mm pipe with 45's and 90's.

I use quick connects all the time, just not on my nozzles that go into the lines.

In fact at 1 time I purchased 100 ss quick connects in both 1/4"and 3/8" and had to order more over the years. I even have 1/2" but those were for my large trailer jetter.

So it's not just a worry about them popping off when the hose is not pressurized, but the bend radius is of major importance.

Now if I could get all my hose ends valves, and fittings in stainless, I would never have to worry about tip cleaners.

I swedge my hose ends as needed, but stainless ends for jetter hoses are not cheap and hard to come by.

Rick.

JFDI, thanks for the comments on the FlexShaft machines. Would love to see those videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Sewerheroes View Post
    quick connects for jetters make me cringe
    We use 1/8" whip hoses 15m long (60') with a tiny nozzle on one end and quick connect at the entry end for 1"> pipes then 3/16" hoses 200' long with no joiners. Every man to his own
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

• JFDI
      JFDI commented
      Editing a comment
      Most quick connect pop offs are user error, they're very robust.

Whilst I prefer (& thats just me) not using them, Quick connects do make switching nozzles a breeze all day long & if you use Bills newer small Quick Connect Cones & ensure you properly click them, there next to no chance of them popping off. I only ever popped of a nozzle once, a Warthog when I foolishly didn't use a shielding cone & the edge of a PVC drain caught the quick connect as I dropped it into the drain & the Warthog rolled down to the next junction which fortunately was only 700mm deep so I could dig it up & retrieve it through the junction inspection.

Video of K9-102 in action now uploaded.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mT6dAj1L0g

Comment

Originally posted by JFDI View Post
      Video of K9-102 in action now uploaded.

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mT6dAj1L0g
      Is that your video? If so that line was too easy, only one 90(probably a long turn radius 90) 1/4 of the way in.

I'd like to see that flex shaft here try to go through 4-5 short radius vent 90's

Comment

• JFDI
        JFDI commented
        Editing a comment
        A few more bends than that. The 45 at the entry, another tight 90 under the house about 5m in from the entry, push another 8m to under kitchen, then another 90 up the vertical to the trap & through the trap to where my mate could see it under the sink outlet. So thats 45, 90, 90 & 360 degrees on the kitchen trap.

He had never used Flex Shaft before & my only experience is with 10mm (3/8") shaft on outside drains & a few pan stump entries inside.

The unit arrived the day before & I was so keen to see it in action, I drove the 1 1/2 hours up to where he lives to see it. When we arrived at the job, the run looked so long, I initially got a little deflated as we thought it looked outside the reach of the K9-102's 50', so he started to set up the jetting equipment - thought bugger!, I had driven up for nothing.

I then thought that I might as well give it a go, to at least get an idea of what its like using the machine.

I'm no filming genius so please forgive the very amateurish video, but I thought I'd share my experience with you guys.

I was impressed first time out, but I'm still waiting for Billy to email me he has them in stock so I can buy both sizes.

My friend has used it 5 more times since, 3 times with great results & the other 2 not so great.

The three times were similar to what I showed & the 2 so so good were where he tried to run it through a toilet pan (as demonstrated by the Clog Squad with their machine) & it tangled up inside the back of the pan taking 45 minutes to free. The next one was where he was clearing a shower line & got it cleared, but went too far & got trapped by the shower trap locking the front & back part of the chain coupling's so that cable would not spin, this also took around 45 minutes to free - he say he now knows what it feels like to push into the shower trap so hopefully should be able to avoid a repeat.
        Last edited by JFDI; 06-02-2019, 02:17 AM.
    Working...
    X