K1500sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1500sp

Just bought off of e-bay a K1500SP with 250' of cable (13 lengths of 15') two guide hoses a carrier and a bunch of cutters. For $1300 shipped to the nearest FedEx terminal haven't recieved it yet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ridgid-K-15...72.m2749.l2649 Lot of equipment for the price. I have used the K60 and K60sp a lot and the K50 with 5/8" cable. Have not tried the big open wind cable of the k1500 yet.

Comment

Sounds like you got a good deal. Let us know how it treats you.
      I’m back

Comment

Thanks, HouseOfAtlas. Just broke down the pallet today weighed 460 lbs. Beside the broken plastic front cover everything is in great shape. I do not think the University used the equipment much. The cables look like new and it came with a good assortment of cutters, retrievers etc. The machine ran really smooth and quiet and not much wear on the tires either, or the rubber stoppers for the dolly arms. I believe I counted 18 lengths of open would 1 1/4" cable x 15 feet or 270 feet of cable. Will probably order a new cover and some decals and possibly a GFI cable and I will be all set to go. I have used the 7/8" cable many times but have not used the 1 1/4" cable. What is a practical way to carry the 1 1/4" cable. I was thinking of coiling each individual length in loops two or three coils and just carrying them individually. What will a carrier handle I believe 45' to 60'.

Comment

rooterboy - you can fit four 15' sections of 1 1/4" cable in one of these

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ridgid-61708_01.jpg?resizeid=36&resizeh=510&resizew=510.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	739970

I have 3 of those cable carriers loaded with 150' of cable (open wound) total. The one that is initially attached to the red lazy susan has 3 sections because, due to the weight, it seems awkward to carry it with 4 sections. Or maybe I'm just weak lol

That setup is about $300 or so at Toolup (without the cable) but you can get just the cable carrier (minus the red lazy susan) for about $120-$125. The cable carrier detaches from the lazy susan so you can remove the empty one and put on a loaded one. I do most of my work indoors and it's a godsend. If I did most of my work outdoors, I probably wouldn't need it and could just lay my cables on the ground or use the old style wire cable carrier.
          I’m back

Comment

Thanks I like that new style plastic carrier and the lazy susan style cable feeder.

Comment

We use the cable carriers you can get them with or without wheels they?re nice when you?re done you can power wash them off
              Last edited by Tired; 07-03-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I really like those carriers with wheels, are they the chines knockoff?

Steel Dragon do they hold up OK? The price is good at $69.99 plus free shipping thanks David
                Last edited by rooterboy; 07-31-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X