Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlexShaft update: More units being shipped from Cambridge, OH

Good morning:
    ​​​​​​Another FlexShaft shipment from Cambridge, OH, is on its way!

Thanks to everyone for your interest in our new FlexShaft machines. Demand is extremely high, but we are building and shipping every day. We greatly appreciate your patience.

What's the hold up?

Comment

Don't understand why you guys weren't more organised (& confident in your product) by having at least several hundred ready for immediate shipping in all your major global centres at the time of the WWETT show. It's annoying how long Ridgid Australia is taking (or having to wait) getting them in & I almost expect them to change the arrival date yet again.. arg!

Comment

Originally posted by JFDI View Post
        Don't understand why you guys weren't more organised (& confident in your product) by having at least several hundred ready for immediate shipping in all your major global centres at the time of the WWETT show. It's annoying how long Ridgid Australia is taking (or having to wait) getting them in & I almost expect them to change the arrival date yet again.. arg!
        You better be patient! When I ordered a K-3800 supposed to be regular stock I was told 6-9 months and I'm only 50 minutes from the US border! I got a refund, F that, I found one on ebay and got it 2 weeks later. I then ordered a sink drum, waited 4 months if I remember correctly. So now if I can, since most of their patents expired I order clone parts from china instead. Sometimes 2 weeks and its here. I bought a chinese cam like you had and received it within 3 days directly from China!!!! Talk about fast!

Comment

Well I will be pissed if it doesn't arrive in Aussie by the end of the month (date Ridgid Aussie gave) & get distributed within 7 days to the store I like to buy from. I could have bought cheaper direct from the States & had both machines in my hands back in late May as did my mate with his K9-102 direct from Clog Squad, but I wanted to support the store who's looked after me.

I know what you're saying about ordering Ridgid equipment, I remember it took 5 months to get a K-3800 & the same again to get the KJ-2200 from the sole (very bad having a sole agent in a country! Ridgid) New Zealand agent. I can't tell you the number of plumbers I know that go offshore to buy their Ridgid gear, or choose other brand equipment due to the appalling service we get from the Ridgid New Zealand distributor.
          Last edited by JFDI; 06-18-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Cleanmen2
            Cleanmen2 commented
            Editing a comment
            JFDI, we gte absolutely SCREWED on Ridgid here too. The Aussie reps generally dont know anything about new products, rely on you guys in the states to educate us

• JFDI
            JFDI commented
            Editing a comment
            It's hard to find good reps with good knowledge of the products they are supposed to be selling. I usually find they learn about the most popular products their company sells in the region & don't really bother getting to know much else.

A friend sent me a link to Ridgid's Youtube instructions for changing out a K9 Flex Shaft cable. He's the mate who's K9-102 I tried out.

He was wondering if it was just released for down the track when operators need to replace their cables, or if operators have started breaking them already?

Could RIDGIDAdmin please advise?

Comment

• MainDrain
            MainDrain commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the heads up, I watched it.
            Question is how much are they gonna charge for the replacement shaft.
            Also what this video really showed me was that there is plenty of room to include a motor in the design (which I left as a comment)

• JFDI
            JFDI commented
            Editing a comment
            I too am curious as to what a replacement cable will cost. I won't be surprised if Ridgid comes out with a motorised 3/8" machine (hopefully 110' - 125') within 12 months - fingers crossed.

Rigid just needs to be up front with their customers! I canceled both of my orders.

Comment

Friend just send me a series of texts saying he is very disappointed with the K9-102 which ridgid says its good for up to 50mm (2") pipes. He just went through 2x 5AH batteries trying to clear a fat blockage for 75 minutes. In the end he just jetted it clear in under 5 minutes.

Update: Just spoke to him, he said the machine doesn't handle pushing out past 33' in a 2" wastepipe well at all, as the cable just wants to coil up in the pipe as it does not have enough stiffness for the push.

Maybe the K9-102 should be marketed for pipes up to a max size of 1-1/2".

He said he regrets not getting the K9-204 instead, I might take his advise & only get the K9-204 for now.
            Last edited by JFDI; 06-20-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

A jetter is always going to be a better choice on grease. But a jetter takes longer to set up and can be a mess unless you can handle the blow back or reverse jet.

A jetter doesn't descale anywhere as well as a whacker.

So knowing what you're up against will allow you to pick the best tool for the job.

What footage did you have to clean and was it a residential or commercial kitchen? indoor or outside access?

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

He was cleaning a restaurant PVC wastepipe from inside the building, & cleaned through 5-6' of fat easily until it got to around 33' where the FS cable is just too flimsy in a 2" line (which Ridgid said it should be good for).

He then ran a Milwaukee M18 Drill Snake & it drilled through the fat blockage at 33' & came out the other end in the gully trap, but the fat would just solidify back around the drain cable so he then jetted it quick smart with a 1/8" whip hose.

My overall point is the machine should be able to push out to 50' in a 2" line as Ridgid markets it as good for up to 2" lines.

He reckons he would have cleared it had he had the 5/16" K9-204.

Comment

Spoke with my friend last night & as he said he still has a 'love-hate' relationship with his K9-102 as after the machine bombed on the 2" kitchen line he cleared a 1-1/2" bathroom line later that day at a distance of 12m (39') & says for him its definitive that the K9-102 is not suited to pipes over 1-1/2" other than the occasional 2" pipe ideally at no more than a 10m (33') run.

So far the K9-102 has got stuck in 3 traps going upstream (so going upstream might not be a good idea), cleared 5 lines & failed to clear 2-3 others - so far about 50/50 results.

He hasn't got a K9-204, but advised me not to bother buying the K9-102 & just buy the K9-204 for now & we can test it with a different chain knocker to see how if it runs through 1-1/2" pipe.

Comment

Difficult stoppages require different methods. 1/4" flexshaft in a nasty stoppage is not as affective as a 5/8" sectional cable. You loose the pushing force with packed in sludge and grease.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

• JFDI
                      JFDI commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What you are saying is 100% correct.

The stoppage just highlighted the shortcoming of 1/4" (or 3/8" including the cover) over a long distance in a larger pipe. I'm not bagging the machine, just the marketing.

The machine shouldn't be marketed for 2" pipe (or marketing should say: the occasional 2" pipe) as he had cleaned through 6' of fat & grease in the same line but when he uncounted the same type blockage much further out at 33' the machine FS just coiling like a spring in the pipe regardless of pushing it in with two fingers gently or firmly.

He reckons it may even do the same if encountering a tough blockage past 33' in 1-1/2" pipe as well.

I'm just sharing what I know, as I myself am only use to running my homemade FS & one bought Renssi 3/8" FS in 3" -6" line.

It seemed like a couple forum members have purchased one or both of the K9 machines so it would be great to get their feedback as they might be having fantastic results with the K9-102.

Please contribute if you have purchased a K9-102 or K9-204 machine.

There is a YouTube video with a Ridgid rep doing a demo who says they warranty 1.5" & 2" lines for 3 years after cleaning with the FlesShaft...LOL

https://youtu.be/u90JDhmY6bE?list=PL...HftQIEkO&t=762

Comment

• Drain-slayer
                      Drain-slayer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A sales rep talking out of his a**. I would warranty for 3 yrs at a price of $1950 no prob.

• JFDI
                      JFDI commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think that's actually the Clog Squad guys talking.

• Sewerheroes
                      Sewerheroes commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thats Ken, and no hes not "talking out of his ***" hes been in the field for many many years with Clog Squad

Once again it's a gimmick to warranty a line for x amount of time when you know that the line is cleaned 99% spotless.

If I clean a line and camera a line and know its 99% spotless. Give the customer the video, and now you want me to be mother nature. So that if it plugs up, I'll return for free. No.

I can plug up a line in a day if I want to. Egg shells, coffee grinds, rice, pasta. It wasn't there when I left. Why should I be on the hook when it was spotless when I left?

Roots grow by nature. Not by the plumber.

Just last week bailed out a new customer who did a 6500.00 liner that failed after 4 years. Company gave them a 50 year warranty with certain Exclusions. I camered the line and proved it failed. Didn't run a snake or Jetter.

They came out in a few days and ended up digging up their failed liner. but with the 6500.00 initial job, they still made money 4 years later.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I purchased both FlexShaft machines but haven't had the chance to use them yet. Heading off to a job now where I can hopefully use the K9-204.

Comment

• JFDI
                        JFDI commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great stuff. Hopefully you get to try out one of the machines & it all goes well - let us know if you got to play with the new toys.

Another update from my friend using his K9-102 yesterday, He got jammed up & the front section of the chain knocker actually slid off.

Even though the Clog Squad's video says to do up the chain knocker screws "finger tight" he has decided to do them up tighter after yesterday.
                    Working...
                    X