Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid k60 suitcase style. Replace 7500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid k60 suitcase style. Replace 7500?

Nice score?

I bought this old style k-60 off Craigslist today. Got it for $85! It appears to be in good shape besides the paint peeling on top. I tested it at his house and the motor sounds smooth. There is no grinding when the lever is pushed. I've used the k-60sp before so I know what that's capable of doing. Can the people that have/had both chime in? The biggest lines I'd use it on would be 4" and 120' or less.
    I currently have a k-7500 in my van but if I can conserve space and weight by using this that would be great. I also have a k-50 knockoff in my van. It would be even better if this would replace both. I know it can run 5/8" and 7/8" cable. I just need to buy the adapter to use 5/8", anyone have the part number?
    I've looked up some old threads but most of those devolved into sectional vs drums, who got their license at a younger age, etc.
    I figured worst case scenario I'll flip it for a profit and put that towards a k-60sp.

I have 1 also. But I only bought it for nostalgia and not for field use. If it runs similar to the modern k60 version, you?ll be fine. It will do 95% of the large lines you would typically handle with the k7500 and 100% of the k50 lines.

Takes up little room, able to go onto roofs and cramped areas.

Im not familiar with a 5/8? adapter chuck.

Rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they made a collet for running 5/8" cable on this machine. I haven't been able to find a part number or picture of one so it may have been a mistake on their part.
      I'm not too worried on running 5/8" cable with this. I have my k-50 and drill for that. I just wanted to make sure it can output similar stats to the k-60sp. I think this one spins slower than the sp.

Comment

I found the part. It's Ridgid part number 61640. Just in case anyone is interested in running 5/8 with the old machines.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the adapter sleeve to run 5/8" cable, VA plumber. I just joined this forum in hopes of finding that number. I have an older K-60 machine and need the adapter to be able to run the 5/8" cable. I am a retired plumber that uses it just to help out friends and church family. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by baldeagledr View Post
            Thanks for the info on the adapter sleeve to run 5/8" cable, VA plumber. I just joined this forum in hopes of finding that number. I have an older K-60 machine and need the adapter to be able to run the 5/8" cable. I am a retired plumber that uses it just to help out friends and church family. Thanks again.
            You're welcome. Hope you can find one at a good price. I've seen them on sale for around $100! I bought one off eBay and I'll put an update once it arrives and I get to try it out.

Comment

Update: I got the adapter but haven't had a chance to use it on a clog. I did try it out next to some grass on my sidewalk. It can rip up grass with no issues, haha. It definitely seems like overkill for branch lines.
              I went ahead and unloaded my k-50, k-3800 and the drums I had for the k-3800. I have the k-50 drum attachment with 1/4" cable for those tubs with galvanized traps. Other than that I know the 5/8 will replace both the 3/8 and 1/2 cables I had in the drums.
              Now just need to get some 7/8" cable...
              ​​​​

Comment

So, you spent more for the 5/8" adapter that the K60?

Comment

Originally posted by rooterboy View Post
                  So, you spent more for the 5/8" adapter that the K60?
                  A bit over half. Found it on eBay. They wanted $45 plus $20 for shipping. I offered $25 plus shipping and they accepted. It was brand new in the bag.

Comment

• rooterboy
                    rooterboy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You got a good price. I was half joking I buy quality machines that need some repairs and sometimes the repair parts cost more than the unit I bought. I still feel I am way ahead compared to buying new.

I found a collet at Plumbersstock.com for $76.07 free shipping.
                  https://www.plumbersstock.com/ridgid...et-58-a63.html
                  Do not really need one I just love tools David

Comment

Working...
                  X