How to Convert General to Ridgid Fitting on Drain Auger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Convert General to Ridgid Fitting on Drain Auger

We have a massive root clog in our sewer pipe and nothing we have is working to get it. We have an electric general type auger with a 3/4" cable, and slot type fittings but all bits we have here aren't doing the job.

In searching for a good bit that would attack a massive root appx 5 feet down our pipe, it seems anything that would work is made to fit Ridgid machines. Would anyone know if there's something we can use as an adaptor to convert?

I have a Maxi-Rooter made by General they make what is called a root-ripper will go through about anything they also have some heavy duty spiral cutters , not knowing what cutters you are using. Are you able to get past it with what you have is the line still clogged? they do make a coupler in 5/8 " not sure for 3/4"

Comment

Wow, that looks like it could do some serious damage. Never heard of a Maxi Rooter. Will check it out.

Yes, the pipe is still clogged. Won't be cleared until I find something that'll work. Roto Rooter wants $425 an hour. Can't do that.

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by drainman scott View Post
      I have a Maxi-Rooter made by General they make what is called a root-ripper will go through about anything they also have some heavy duty spiral cutters , not knowing what cutters you are using. Are you able to get past it with what you have is the line still clogged? they do make a coupler in 5/8 " not sure for 3/4"

Comment

Originally posted by drainman scott View Post

I think the Maxi-Rooter you referenced is the whole machine, not just the auger bit. What do you call this bit as shown in the picture?

Also, I mentioned in my original post that we have a general electric drain system, but I meant an off brand. It's not made by General. In fact, its unmarked. Have no idea who made it... just that it takes slotted bits. I DO know it's not a Ridgid brand.
        Last edited by Miss Vicky; 10-08-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• drainman scott
          drainman scott commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes Maxi is a drum machine made by General wire and spring, there augers are slotted with a screw that secures it to the snake. Could you post a pic of your machine, the end of your cable and the augers you have tried ?

Either myself or someone on this forum would be able to steer you in the right direction of what would work to get you through the root ball.

• drainman scott
          drainman scott commented
          Editing a comment
          The bit is called the " root ripper " made by general wire and spring it's main purpose is to get through the clog followed by larger augers .
      Working...
      X