Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drainman scott
    commented on 's reply
    The bit is called the " root ripper " made by general wire and spring it's main purpose is to get through the clog followed by larger augers .

• drainman scott
    commented on 's reply
    Yes Maxi is a drum machine made by General wire and spring, there augers are slotted with a screw that secures it to the snake. Could you post a pic of your machine, the end of your cable and the augers you have tried ?

Either myself or someone on this forum would be able to steer you in the right direction of what would work to get you through the root ball.

• Miss Vicky
    replied
    Originally posted by drainman scott View Post
    I have a Maxi-Rooter made by General they make what is called a root-ripper will go through about anything they also have some heavy duty spiral cutters , not knowing what cutters you are using. Are you able to get past it with what you have is the line still clogged? they do make a coupler in 5/8 " not sure for 3/4"

I think the Maxi-Rooter you referenced is the whole machine, not just the auger bit. What do you call this bit as shown in the picture?

Also, I mentioned in my original post that we have a general electric drain system, but I meant an off brand. It's not made by General. In fact, its unmarked. Have no idea who made it... just that it takes slotted bits. I DO know it's not a Ridgid brand.
    Last edited by Miss Vicky; 10-08-2019, 03:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Vicky
    replied
    Wow, that looks like it could do some serious damage. Never heard of a Maxi Rooter. Will check it out.

Yes, the pipe is still clogged. Won't be cleared until I find something that'll work. Roto Rooter wants $425 an hour. Can't do that.

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by drainman scott View Post
    I have a Maxi-Rooter made by General they make what is called a root-ripper will go through about anything they also have some heavy duty spiral cutters , not knowing what cutters you are using. Are you able to get past it with what you have is the line still clogged? they do make a coupler in 5/8 " not sure for 3/4"

Leave a comment:

• drainman scott
    replied

Leave a comment:

• How to Convert General to Ridgid Fitting on Drain Auger

We have a massive root clog in our sewer pipe and nothing we have is working to get it. We have an electric general type auger with a 3/4" cable, and slot type fittings but all bits we have here aren't doing the job.

In searching for a good bit that would attack a massive root appx 5 feet down our pipe, it seems anything that would work is made to fit Ridgid machines. Would anyone know if there's something we can use as an adaptor to convert?
Working...
X