This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi not bad .

Click image for larger version  Name:	ryobi drain cleaner.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.9 KB ID:	743077
    I found this under my Christmas tree Christmas morning and just recently put it to work, and I'm pretty impressed.... I did swap out the cable with a General 5/16 inner core and I thought the battery would deplete in the first 5 minutes into a job,, but lasted to my surprise ( does come with a adapter to connect to an outlet ).

I have both a Spartan " 81 " and a Ridgid K40 and now I prefer the Ryobi...... It does have some neat little features like variable speed and a opening in the back of the drum to drain water that opens and shuts and oh yeah it's cordless...... So now that I'm the first one to post to owing one you all can come forward.

I'm curious about the drum splatter/rooster tailing...

Comment

Originally posted by tenniselbow View Post
      I'm curious about the drum splatter/rooster tailing...
      The drum on the Ryobi P4003k is a one piece mold unlike say the Ridgid K-40 or K39 or others that are 2 piece,, where liquid can escape from the connection.... there is on the back side of the drum a hinged plug to drain liquid.... I have not had any problems with it rooter tailing but suppose if there is enough liquid in the drum it might cause it to rooter tail or splatter....

I mentioned that I replaced the cable for the reason the one that came with it I don't believe would be able to negotiate a 1 1/2" tub "P" trap or a back to back bath sink drain my main use of it.

Comment

• tenniselbow
        tenniselbow commented
        Editing a comment
        so, the cable binding in the drum is going to be an issue i'm assuming...?

• drainman scott
        drainman scott commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes or cable flip over.... some machines have an inner drum to prevent this .... the Ryobi don't... I did use a old cable anchor off a rusted out model 81 drum and modified the Ryobi drum.... there is a cable hold down that you twist on the cable exit of the drum... but I don't use it to me it's all about the feel of the cable.

Hi drainman Scott,

It looks really cool.

Being cordless is obviously a very nice option as well and also the variable speed is also very nice.

I dont personally own any Ryobi electric tools. I know they seem to have come along way as far as quality goes within the last several years and have expanded there brand lineup.

But, do you think this will stand up to everyday use for a professional or is it designed more for the light homeowner use. And did you find the power comparable to the Ridgid k-40, when In just cordless use or while it’s plugged in?

Because, if it’s a commercially quality built machine I’d definitely be interested in purchasing one.

Thanks for posting information about it. I wasn’t aware Ryobi made this model until now.
      Last edited by mperrine; 01-24-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mperrine View Post
        Hi drainman Scott,

It looks really cool.

Being cordless is obviously a very nice option as well and also the variable speed is also very nice.

I dont personally own any Ryobi electric tools. I know they seem to have come along way as far as quality goes within the last several years and have expanded there brand lineup.

But, do you think this will stand up to everyday use for a professional or is it designed more for the light homeowner use. And did you find the power comparable to the Ridgid k-40, when In just cordless use or while it’s plugged in?

Because, if it’s a commercially quality built machine I’d definitely be interested in purchasing one.

Thanks for posting information about it. I wasn’t aware Ryobi made this model until now.

As far as " will it hold up " time will tell..... specs say it runs at 360 rpm max and I have used it about a dozen times. ( with no problems ). on my last job ( a urinal drain ) I did deplete the battery and had to use the power adapter. should of used my K-50 with reverse auger.

The operators manual says it will clear up to 3 " but I disagree.... 2 " would be my max.

Comment

Looks pretty cool I see they are available at my local Home Depot I think I will by one and get 10% off for a military discount. Should be good for the price thanks drainman scott. Also for 20 bucks you can buy an adapter and use othe brands of batteries if you choose to

Comment

I bought the unit last night the quality seems okay have not used it yet it comes with a 2amp hour battery and the adapt for 120 volts. The charger looks like cheap crap so I bought a new charger for $39.- than I saw a car charger for $39.- so I also bought that I also bought two 4 amp hour batteries for $79.- So I bought the unit for around $290.- and two extra battery's and two chargers for $450.- I did not own any Ryobi before this but I do like battery drain cleaners. I will probably get the small hand held ryobi drain cleaner that is self feed for under $100 bucks already have batteries and chargers. I have all of the main brands and batteries but Ryobi is cheaper and some of the items I will buy will be occasional use. I plan on using this for Kitchen sink inside the home cleaner that using the K-50 inside. Will see how it works. Also Home Depot has a generous return policy if it turns out to be crap. Just my opinion should work for my needs.

Comment

• drainman scott
              drainman scott commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah the charger seemed chintzy.... I already had another charger and extra batteries my wife's .... let us know how there cable ( Ryobi's) works out.... I swapped mine out with a General and have not tried there's out.
          Working...
          X