K9-306...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9-306...

Sounds interesting. If they made improvements on shaft durability I'm in.

“The response to our initial launch of RIDGID FlexShaft Drain Cleaning Machines at WWETT 2019 was phenomenal, and we’ve expanded our FlexShaft machine line to address a need we heard often from our customers: The need for a machine that reached 125 feet,” said Wyatt Kilmartin, vice president and general manager, Global Underground Technologies, RIDGID. “The K9-306 clears up to 125 feet, making it ideal for large-scale commercial and residential jobs.”

The K9-306, utilizing a professional grade 1.5 HP internal motor, is purpose-built for a wall-to-wall clean up to 125 feet in 3 to 6-inch drain lines with astonishing speed. It easily clears lines of grease buildup, roots and heavy scale. FlexShaft machines also allow for simultaneous pipe inspection for maximum efficiency, pairing with RIDGID SeeSnake systems. It features a fully enclosed system and transportable design that minimizes cleanup and setup time. Two earlier models, the K9-102 and K9-204, both can clear 1 ?-inch to 4-inch lines up to 70 feet.

Get the most out of RIDGID FlexShaft machines with a variety of field-tested accessories. From standard and carbide tip chain knockers designed for clearing different blockages to specialized FlexShaft lubricant to RIDGID custom wallpipes, the FlexShaft machines can be customized to a pro’s exact preferences. In designing the K9-306, RIDGID continued to innovate and expand the chain knocker lineup, adding a new option featuring a carbide tipped penetrating head that can be used on all FlexShaft models and will help the pro more efficiently engage and clear tough full line blockages."

photos. specs?

Rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/ridgid-...feb-18-20-2020

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ridgid flex new.jpg
Views:	1777
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	743530

Comment

Looks like something I'd be interested in owning. Hopefully the price is right.

Comment

I think I'll keep my Clog Dog for a while

Comment

I'll be checking the K-309 out March 7 at PHCC trade show in my state...... Ridgid has a booth there... but we will all know more after there introduction at the WWETT show next week.

Comment

$4,500 is not a bad price for this thing. I know, I know, I can make one for $200 if I knew where to buy things. The thing is I don't have to time nor desire to experiment with different cables and sheathing to make my own. I do like making my own tools sometimes but only when I know it's going to work. Like my chain knocker I made for the k-60, I pretty much copied a design of an existing product.

Comment

List price is $4,499

I'm out, don't need flex shaft that bad.

Comment

and what's up with those tiny wheels at 160lbs? Have fun going up/down steps with those.

Comment

• AssTyme
                      AssTyme commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Your dog has a drill or motor? New ones have a motor?

• fixitright
                      fixitright commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My Dog has a Hammer Drill inside. The new Ridgid has some sort of internal motor.
                      The point of the hammer drill was its easy to replace

• AssTyme
                      AssTyme commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I thought the new dogs also used a motor because the drills kept burning up?

Got to see it and wheel it around at the WWETT show at AJ Coleman’s booth. Heavy and front heavy going up stairs.
                    I had high expectations and am let down.

indeepinchicago

Comment

Got to see it a WWETT too. Its astoundingly large. I Was not impressed. General has a shaft I saw quickly. Going to take a better look at it. Ill stick to my homemade for now.

Comment

https://cdn2.ridgid.com/resources/me...&type=document

My impression as far as looks go.... very stealthy in comparison with the " boxy look " others have.

1.5 HP 2000 rpm " internal universal motor " whatever that means ...... 3.9 ft lb torque.... 1.5 x 746 = 1,119 watts divided by 120 = 8.4 amps * 90 % efficiency motor.

Both Clog Dog and K9-306 are welter weights around 150lbs ..... Maxi Miller heavy weight over 200lbs .

All utilize the hand truck design to move around.

Clog Dog claims 3500 rpm don't know how they get that out of a Dewalt DWD 520.

Don't have anything on General Wire & Springs.... I guess there keeping there cat in the bag for now.

For now I'll stick to my ( homemade ) version..... I make bank every time I use it.

Comment

36" x 20" is a bit bulky for a van that does more than drain cleaning.

​​​​​​My van that carries my built in jetter is already designed around the side door jetter slide. But my jetting has gone way down since my Whacker can accomplish the same results without the mess and need to park near the job.

still jet, but I whack well over 10/1.

If you can't hack it, Rick can Whack it.

Rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Here is the General still in the works.

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                              PLUMBER RICK commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Any specs for the machine?

Are you at the show?

Rick.

• AssTyme
                              AssTyme commented
                              Editing a comment
                              No specs, not at the show. This is a beta machine. General says it should be out in the 3rd quarter.
                          Working...
                          X