www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Comment

Ridgid just this morning sent me an e-mail and wanted me to answer a question about the price on a CS12x monitor. I replied "They are around $4,100.00 but better deals can be found if you search" and it was denied.

"AssTyme,

Our staff has read your answer and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

You can bet I won't be wasting any more of my time.

Comment

Years ago with my first K-3800 I complained in here that the air switch failed in the first month
        of service and my post was deleted.

Comment

I had a similar experience when writing a Ridgid tool review on the Home Depot website.
          I discussed the positives and "negatives" of the specific tool and even made some user
          suggestions.

It was all written in a positive manner with it being a sincere review.
          The review was refused/deleted with a similar comment that the review "did not
          meet their guidelines"!!!!

I have since stopped offering my reviews/ opinions of any products purchased from Home Depot or
          Ridgid Tools.

I may discuss a tool here on this forum.

Bottom line the reviews I do read there I'd say 50% are shills....and I do not base my purchases
          on the reviews......Oh..Amazon is similar with their reviews.

Cactus Man

Comment

Things really started going south when Josh left

Comment

very much so
              Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

I think it was several years ago, probably back around 2004-2005 or so, when I wrote a couple of reviews of tools for the Ridgid website and I was turned down with both. Same reply, "did not meet their guide lines". I recall writing back and asking for specifics and never received a response. I got the distinct feeling that if you weren't going to kiss their butt with a whitewash review, you weren't going to get accepted. I stopped wasting my time!

At the time, I was regularly writing review on a site called "Epinions" where I was graded a top contributor and of the many reviews I wrote there I think I was asked to edit only one. Since that time, I've written dozens of product reviews for several sites and have never been turned away. At present, I write a lot of reviews on Amazon, and have a "top contributor" rating.

The bottom line is that most product review sites have certain guidelines to acceptance, but most are honest and will accept honest reviews including negative points of view. If they don't, then I figure they a too dishonest to want to be any part of, and I will gladly NOT contribute; I will also try to avoid making any further purchases there too.

CWS

Comment

DAMN IT!!!! I'm throwing away all my Ridgid tools and going back to my Hand Spinner and my 100#s of lye!!!

Comment

Interesting, I just finished listening to the Apr 2/20 podcast from the Canadian Broadcasting's radio program Under The Influence on online reviews and the host stated that people don't trust on line reviews as much if they don't include some negative ones. Companies that turn down negative reviews may be hurting their sales if this is true.

Comment

It's funny you should say that. I try to read as many personal reviews as I can. I don't have much trust in those that appear to be done professionally. Perhaps that comes from my three decades as a technical illustrator writer. Recently I was looking to purchase a particular product and I notice more than a dozen really positive, almost glorifying, reviews. Scattered through about fifty overall, I noticed these particular reviews that repeated the same sentences, similar phrasing scattered throughout many of the other reviews too. Like one or two persons sat down and wrote most of those really positive reviews.... hard to trust that!

CWS

Comment

I always start with the negative reviews first. Weed out the ones that deal with shipping and not the product itself. I do also read the positive ones to see what they feel are the strong points. Typically ignore the "Seeds" as they get the product to test and write a review.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

it seems to be when a company becomes so big they don't care.

RIDGID if I ran my company like you do I would be out of business that's for sure
                          Sent From The StoolBus

Appleton WI, 54915
                          1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            Things really started going south when Josh left
                            And when Kirt left AJ Kollmann
                            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-09-2020, 09:42 PM.
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

• fixitright
                              fixitright commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've had a good working relationship with Chris at AJ Coleman

After Kirt left they went to crap.
                            Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 04-09-2020, 09:46 PM.
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X