Best 5/8 cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 5/8 cable

I like to know. What is the best 5/8 cable that is easily able to make 90 turn. My 1/2 cable is no problem to make these turns but not enough strength to cut roots .What do some guy do to pop a trap if no excess to the trap.

What brand cable are you running? Newer cable is always going to be stiffer than a used/broken in cable. Have you tried a leader?

Comment

My cable is a core cable. It is a few jobs old. I just order a leader . As I said I always have a problem with my 5/8.on quarter turns , With the 1/2 the turns are no problems. . I did a storm drain and had no access to the house and I cleared the drain with the 1/2 but only went as far as the trap.

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
        My cable is a core cable. It is a few jobs old. I just order a leader . As I said I always have a problem with my 5/8.on quarter turns , With the 1/2 the turns are no problems. . I did a storm drain and had no access to the house and I cleared the drain with the 1/2 but only went as far as the trap.

One of the problems running most leaders is that because it's more flexible it's more prone to flip. Also adds more welds that can fail.

Comment

For traps a leader finger in front of a pear shaped blade. DCD makes decent drum cables. I also like duracable but I think I’m the only one on the forum who does.

you using the big brass holders on your blades? That may be why you’re having trouble making turns
          -Byron

Comment

I can’t even turn with nothing on it just the cable no head. I had 4 back to back jobs yesterday and all the same. As I said the cable is fairly new , but not to flexible. . My 1/2 machine with and with out cutters right through.

Comment

Originally posted by metx View Post
              I can’t even turn with nothing on it just the cable no head. I had 4 back to back jobs yesterday and all the same. As I said the cable is fairly new , but not to flexible. . My 1/2 machine with and with out cutters right through.

Having no cutter/bit on the end is going to make it harder for the cable to navigate a turn. Some bits will work much better than others.

Comment

Working...
              X