Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest waste of mone in drain cleaining.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest waste of mone in drain cleaining.

This was the "Biggest waste of money in drain cleaining" I`ve ever spent. Yes I`m old school but I can do just as good with a K-60 and a bent cable and go 250` ​ I pulled it off the van for good I think ​I dont know why the pic was removed? But there it is again

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201028_185302[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	747003
    Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 11-04-2020, 09:47 PM.
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Pray tell what wasteful endeavor have you parted with?

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
      All Clear Sewer commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 2 cameras on the van and they will go further then the flex shaft one is a cheap camera and one is a a Ridgid camera. Our sewers are always 100+ feet here. Flex shaft is only good for about 50 feet.
      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 10-28-2020, 07:50 PM.

• fixitright
      fixitright commented
      Editing a comment
      What flex shaft do you have?

• All Clear Sewer
      Editing a comment
      Nearest I can tell is it`s Renssi. I got it from pipe lining supply.

Ridgid has a big 125’ unit but that’s still not enough for a lot of the lines out there. What’s your service area?

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
      Editing a comment
      60 miles from Hutch when I have the time.

How much do you want for it, haha.

Comment

True one of the limitations of a high speed flex shaft is distance ..... I've used a Picote 1/2 " Maxi Miller on a job recently that required descaling and lining of a 4 " CI line that ran into a oil and gas separator tank . ( I referred a customer of mine to a Pipe Lining company owner that I know and helped him out. ) The run was about 90 ' and the last 10' took me about an hour to finally get to the tank. ( operator error no ... the Picote was at it's limit my opinion . )

I tried snaking the line and just a few feet in the snake started to bind and knew from the feel of it the bottom had rotted out. ( that 6th sense us old timers have ) and upon camera inspection it had .

I wouldn't give up on the Rensii yet .. You might just need to just replace the outer jacket giving you more stiffness to push it further into a drain line.

Comment

Question on lining. Can reinstatement only be done with a flex shaft? I know it may sound like a silly question but as the time line on the masters test approaches I find myself thinking about ways to set myself apart from my competition and lining isn’t common here for anything but city mains. Is scrubbing the line with a Jetter good enough to line?

Comment

Like others have said, there's no one best tool. It depends on the job. I usually break out the flex shaft for clearing straggler roots or descaling problem spots.
          I prefer using the k-60 with my homemade chain knockers for long runs. It's much easier to run out. If there's space I'll run it all the way in with the k-60 then use a drill to pull the cable out. The higher speed makes a difference.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
            Editing a comment
            K-60 cable with chain knockers and drill for the win

IF you want to sell it let me know

Comment

Originally posted by Cable or root View Post
            Question on lining. Can reinstatement only be done with a flex shaft? I know it may sound like a silly question but as the time line on the masters test approaches I find myself thinking about ways to set myself apart from my competition and lining isn’t common here for anything but city mains. Is scrubbing the line with a Jetter good enough to line?
            Absolutely in many cases that's all that is needed is a good jetting ..... The drain line I descaled with the Lining Co. owners Picote had a specialty cutter specifically used for rotted CI drain pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	product2.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	746944

Comment

Working...
            X