Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes it takes skill, sometimes it takes luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it takes skill, sometimes it takes luck.

Went out to a hotel that had been renovated. As you can see by the pictures I got lucky because the drop head threaded itself into the plastic handle. The handle was basically the diameter of the inside of the pipe so it took a lot of force to pull it out. I think if I'd caught the chain it would have probably snapped. It felt like my cable was stretching to give you an idea of how hard it was to pull.
    It didn't help that I went through a cross tee and the pvc flange further reduced the diameter.

Is that a test ball?
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Sometimes it takes patience .... I've extracted many things from drains and one of the more memorable calls I have gotten over the years where from the County Drug Task Force .

That inflatable test plug reminded me of the times I pull toilets for them and whatever they attempted to flush would get hung up in the toilet and they take the whole toilet and I install one of those inflatable test plugs .

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
        Is that a test ball?
        It is. I think that's the first one of those I've seen in person. I'm used to the balls that don't have a solid plastic piece right by the schrader valve.

Comment

• All Clear Sewer
          All Clear Sewer commented
          Editing a comment
          I use the one that screws into the test T and my plumber uses one like that one with a big ring on the chain. I never liked pulling his as if you are not fast you`ll take a shower.....lol
      Working...
      X