Milwaukee Pipeline Inspection Camera's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Pipeline Inspection Camera's

It was just a matter of time ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1boU...u6ap6hDGRv-5O8

They're definitely getting heavy into plumbing. The prices don't seem too bad compared to Ridgid.

Comment

I honestly see nothing special here. Until the end of the video i was beginning to think there wasn’t gunna be a sonde included with these reels. I imagine they may locate at a different frequency that requires the Milwaukee locator. Also no foot counter is a deal breaker to me. Now that ridgid has the csxvia the phone or tablet as a monitor thing is old news as well

Comment

They locate at the same frequency, you'd be able to use their locator with other systems.
        I don't see anything on their website explicitly saying they do or don't have a built in counter. I can't imagine they would overlook that important feature so that's probably why they wouldn't even bother mentioning it.

Comment

Why do these new innovations into plumbing make me think they partnered with the toy maker Mattel?

Comment

It has a footage counter

Click image for larger version

Name:	milwaukee counter.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	748072

My concern is how well will all that plastic will hold up in sub zero temps ... Looks like it's modeled after RIDGID'S RM200.

Here's a link to there M12 Locator https://www2.milwaukeetool.com/produ...uments/2580-21

Comment

Originally posted by drainman scott View Post
              It has a footage counter

Click image for larger version

Name:	milwaukee counter.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	748072

My concern is how well will all that plastic will hold up in sub zero temps ... Looks like it's modeled after RIDGID'S RM200.

Here's a link to there M12 Locator https://www2.milwaukeetool.com/produ...uments/2580-21
              I don't know how well it would do in Sub-Zero temperatures because, thankfully, it doesn't get that cold around here. It looks like it's probably made of the same material as my packout boxes. Those have held up fine for me. I've dropped them with over 30 lbs worth of tools and fittings several times. I have yet to crack one.
              Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be replacing my Ridgid camera system anytime soon. But it's nice to know there is another option for when the time comes. I've been wanting to upgrade my monitor to one that can record onto a thumb drive for a while but Ridgid refuses to sell me just that one piece. So if my only options with them are to buy used or buy a whole new monitor then I'd seriously consider switching brands.

Comment

• drainman scott
                drainman scott commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not going to jump ship to Milwaukee either as of now and looking to purchase a new less bulky system ..

I will be demoing these units in the next week or so and will report. They have footage counter, an interchangeable power unit, can be located with any locator 512, they have wifi so any android or apple phone or tablet can connect. There is also an app to live stream and record / edit on. I had a wwett show virtual meeting yesterday. I am running 85% of my calls with milwaukee battery powered tools and am very interested in these units. It also apppears to me that its the same material as the packout, and those take a beating, even in the cold. My mainline is a mytana thats about 12yrs old still works great but is outdated and rather large. The picture on the mytana is amazing and Im hoping the Milwaukee is the same or better they are touting best quality video in the game.

Comment

Working...
              X