Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K9-306 bent wheel frame. Possible manufacturer defect?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K9-306 bent wheel frame. Possible manufacturer defect?

I broke down and ordered the k9-306. Unfortunately, it arrived with a bent wheel frame. The box and pallet it was delivered on were both undamaged. This looks like it's thick steel so I doubt a bump would bend this. I tried bending it back by hand but I couldn't even budge it a little.
    Based on the fact that the wheel isn't broken and the box was undamaged I'd bet on it coming like that from the factory. I called Ridgid to see if they could send me a replacement assembly but they said due to the machine being so new they don't have that part in stock. So I either have to go through the hassle of repacking it and shipping it back or take it to a service center and wait for them to fix it. If they sent the assembly I could probably replace it myself in one minute.
    I have to say that I expected better service after spending almost $4,200 on this machine. Just be forewarned if you buy this you'd better baby it because who knows when replacement parts will become available.

That's horrible. I didn't even know that machine was out yet and yours arrived damaged. Seems like it would've had to have happened at the ridgid factory since the pallet and box were undamaged unless whoever the distributor you purchased from repacked it and it was damaged on the way to their facility. Who did you order from? Can your supplier do anything to help? Keep us posted and good luck. Would it void any warranty claim you had if you tried to bend it back out?

Comment

Not going to spread rumors but : Does anyone have one that likes it?

Betting if you bought it from AJ Coleman you would have better luck getting it fixed.
      Although maybe a part is unavailable and in that case they should ship you a new machine.

I do have a Clog Dog and like it for some jobs. It's not the due all machine, nothing is
      but once I have a line open my camera and flex shaft clean like nothing else.

Camera Clean

Comment

Originally posted by Cable or root View Post
        That's horrible. I didn't even know that machine was out yet and yours arrived damaged. Seems like it would've had to have happened at the ridgid factory since the pallet and box were undamaged unless whoever the distributor you purchased from repacked it and it was damaged on the way to their facility. Who did you order from? Can your supplier do anything to help? Keep us posted and good luck. Would it void any warranty claim you had if you tried to bend it back out?
        I ordered it from Ohio power tools. Everything else looked brand new and undamaged when I opened it. It would be pretty hard to bend that without also damaging the wheel attached to it. I sent an email to Ohio power tools to see if there's anything they can do.
        I think I could probably heat the metal and straighten it some but I don't want to void the warranty. I'll save that for the last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
          Not going to spread rumors but : Does anyone have one that likes it?

Betting if you bought it from AJ Coleman you would have better luck getting it fixed.
          Although maybe a part is unavailable and in that case they should ship you a new machine.

I do have a Clog Dog and like it for some jobs. It's not the due all machine, nothing is
          but once I have a line open my camera and flex shaft clean like nothing else.

Camera Clean
          I was looking to purchase from A.J. Coleman but their website was showing it out of stock.
          I don't plan on using it as my primary machine as it's way too bulky and heavy. I already have a fully loaded van so this will only ride along when I'm doing a line descaling.

Comment

Update* So one of them tried to make it right by sending me a replacement wheel. Unfortunately, I don't need a wheel. Had they read my message or looked at the picture I emailed they would have seen that.
            I say one of them tried because I don't know who decided to send it since Ohio power tools has neither responded to my email nor returned my phone call. The last conversation I had with Ridgid ended with them telling me they wouldn't be able to send me replacement parts.

Comment

Comment

My guess is that Ohio Power Tools or whoever packaged it for shipment knew about the very obvious damaged machine ie bent wheel support . I can't believe that passing RIDGID Pro tools QC .

That looks like it be a PIA as it is with bent wheel & frame support to wheel around no pun intended .. I hope for your sake they Ohio or RIDGID comes up with a resolution quickly .

Comment

Originally posted by drainman scott View Post
                  My guess is that Ohio Power Tools or whoever packaged it for shipment knew about the very obvious damaged machine ie bent wheel support . I can't believe that passing RIDGID Pro tools QC .

That looks like it be a PIA as it is with bent wheel & frame support to wheel around no pun intended .. I hope for your sake they Ohio or RIDGID comes up with a resolution quickly .
                  It's completely possible whoever packaged it did the damage. It's just weird that neither the box, pallet nor wheel were damaged when I received it. The wheel itself is not cracked and spins just fine and as you can see the metal support is pretty thick.
                  I can still use it to load it in my van but it definitely does not go in smoothly as it should. For a heavy beast like this smoother is better, haha.

Comment

Hi VA plumber , I am Jeff Albertini one of the product managers at RIDGID. Please send me an email at Jeff.Albertini@emerson.com with your shipping information and I will make this right for you. I can get a whole handle assembly sent to you so you can remove the current one and simply drop a new one in. Sorry for the inconvenience and delay in helping you out!

Comment

Thank you RIDGID Jeff
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006
                      "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I sent you the information.

Comment

That's awesome jeff.

Think this thread should be a sticky? It really shows how awesome the folks down at ridgid are.

Comment

Working...
                          X