Adventures Of Bengi ( The Dog ) .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures Of Bengi ( The Dog ) .

I have never seen in the 30 plus years of drain cleaning and floods caused by back - up drains the culprit being a dog that looked much like Benji .

I received a call today for a backed up bath sink for a apartment complex .. The maintenance man who contacted me told me that the apartment occupants have been baling water out of there bath sink and it keeps rising .... I told him that the tenets next door are probably running there bath sink .. The sinks are plumbed back to back .

When I arrived at the apartment the husband informed me that his wife has been baling water for about 2 hours from the sink and it just keeps rising. I thought to myself it must be coming from next door bath sink and went to knock on the next door tenets to figure it out .. On my way there I look up and see water coming out of the outside vinyl siding where the floor for the bathrooms where.

Nobody home and called maintenance to open the door to gain access .. While waiting for them to show up the tenets arrive .. I explained what was going on to the husband and probably you have a flooded kitchen ( directly below bathroom ) .. He went in and went to the bathroom upstairs all I could hear was cuss words at the dogs ( I was in the kitchen looking up at the water coming through the ceiling .. When he came down along with one dry dog and one wet dog ( Benji ) I ask what happen and he said the dog got stuck in the bath sink and the hot water that was running he shut off. ( cause of the flood along with a slow drain ).

I cleared the drain and talking with a much calmer husband the dog ( Benji ) must of jumped on the sink and somehow opened the hot water handle and got his paw stuck in the drain ( I assume the pop up stopper was missing ) but not blocking the drain entirely with his paw. Poor thing was shaking like a leaf and they where bringing him to the vets ( paw and leg looked pretty red from the hot water ).

Last edited by drainman scott; 09-04-2021, 10:27 PM.

Wow, hope the dog will be OK, I know the apartment won't unfortunately.

We have one of those touchless faucets on the kitchen sink. It's nice when you're working in the kitchen not to have to reach to turn the water on and off. When I installed it in 2014 we did not have a cat. But 5 years later we did get a cat and he figured out he could turn the water on using the sensor on top of the gooseneck spout. That sensor turns the water on and leaves it on until you pass your hand over it again or it will close on a 5 minute timeout timer.

So in the middle of the night we would hear water running in the kitchen sink. I came out and sure enough he's sitting int he sink playing with the water. I have it set to cool so it would not have burned him but he was making a nice mess that I knew I better clean up before the Wife saw it.

So now we leave the touch sensors disabled and use it like any old faucet. You can enable or disable the sensors by holding you hand over the sensor for 30 seconds and we do that sometimes when it's convenient but if we forget to turn it back off he's up there playing with the water. That cat loves running water.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

• drainman scott
      drainman scott commented
      Editing a comment
      I think Benji will be OK ... There was no blistering and I think Benji was in shock which can cause other problems for dogs . As to the apartment Monday the ceilings will be all gutted and possibly more.

Found this photo where I caught Ziggy in the act.

"It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" ? Bob D. 2006
    "?ǝɹɐ sɹǝƃuıɟ ɹnoʎ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʍouʞ noʎ op `ʍɐs ǝlqɐʇ ɐ s,ʇı"

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qcZKHyrqKhikFA

----

Comment

Working...
    X