X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demidoug
    replied
    Swordfish,
    They have 2 different cables. There is a approx 6ft one that is very flimsy, I use these for shower and tub drains, it is my lead rod. Then I attached their 10ft sections, which are stiffer. I use the flimsy one as the guide line. The 6/7ft sections I don't like much, I work with alot of Galvainized old pipes that I need the stiffer 10ft ones for, so it is what I am used too. But on Copper or 1.5in drain lines I usually lead with the 6/7ft as first section.

Leave a comment:

• VA plumber
    replied
    I run the reverse auger in reverse. That way it will catch the debris plus it's almost like a self feeding cable if you catch it on the fitting just right. They key is to not use excessive force. I've never broken a weld running the cable in the wrong direction but I suppose it could happen.

Leave a comment:

• Swordfish
    replied
    If I load the cables into the front of the k50 female end first (backwards), the cable twist will also be backwards. If I then advance the cables while spinning them in reverse, do I get the same result as normal operation without unwinding the twist. If so, then I can use both halves of the cable I cut to make two reverse augers.

Leave a comment:

• VA plumber
    replied
    I use the 5/8" reverse auger Scott mentioned plus I have 2 of the drum adapters. One with 1/4" and the other with 3/8". The drums are usually only broken out for tub drains and 1 1/2" galvanized.

Leave a comment:

• drainman scott
    replied
    In order to use the second half with the male connector you would insert your sections female end first through the machine though you would only be able to run the cut auger as your only end ..

Instead of cutting up your new RIDGID 5/8" sectional link you could buy one sectional link of a cheap knockoff sold on e-bay and save about 25 bucks ...

Leave a comment:

• Swordfish
    replied
    Scott, thank you. It meant alot to get a response.

​​​​​​The "how to make a reverse auger" posts have me scratching my head. Cutting a cable in half is said to make two of them. If I do that to my Ridgid sectional, I will have one with a female connector and one with a male. Without a female/female adapter, the auger with the male tail end won't connect to the second cable.

Am I missing something?

Leave a comment:

• drainman scott
    replied
    A 5/8 " sectional with a Rick's reverse auger will negotiate just about any bend and or multi bends in a drain line ... ( search Rick's reverse auger on this site . ) I also have a K-50 and found Rick's reverse auger is king when snaking out a 2" shower drain .

Leave a comment:

• Swordfish
    replied
    Wondering why nobody makes 3/8 and smaller sectional cable. Is it the forces on the connections or is it just that the drum machines work better?

Leave a comment:

• Swordfish
    started a topic Running 5/16 cable in a k50

Running 5/16 cable in a k50

Just ordered the k50 with 5/8 sectional cable. Wanted to use it with smaller cable for shower drains with tight turns. I don't see 5/16 sectional cable anywhere. Do you guys buy the k50 drum adapter or can you learn to finesse the 5/8 in tight quarters? Does a drop head help navigate when the turn is on the horizontal?

Working...
X