That's One Tough Snot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's One Tough Snot

I got called yesterday for a toilet that wasn't flushing properly ... The homeowner augered the toilet replaced flapper , handle and inlet valve .

After looking at the picture of the tank sent by the homeowner I told him that the blue cake cleaner in tank clogs the holes under the rim that creates a vortex for the toilet to flush and he's better off just replacing ... I have in the past tried cleaning the rim holes and main jet hole with a piece of wire or use CLR for mineral buildup but it's hit or miss and he wanted all heroic efforts to save his toilet.

When I got there and flushed I knew the problem was the water was not getting to the bowl to the point that the flapper was unable to close . So I dick'd around with it for about an hour any finally got the home owner to agree with a replacement of course the supply house is closed so off to the big box store.

After a successful install I smashed the old toilet open to find out the obstruction and in the pic one long snot around the whole rim preventing it to flush.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meadow toilet.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	751580Click image for larger version

Name:	snot.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	795.1 KB
ID:	751581

Had that happen once with a toilet Universal Rundle from Sears

Comment

Working...