1/2 inch Cable end is too stiff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 inch Cable end is too stiff.

Hi, I have a big, medium and small snake. The medium is a Ridgid 1/2 inch. It used to be a 3/8 but I hated the 3/8s as it twisted in the pipe.

Bought a new Rigid 1/2 inch cable to replace it. To my surprise the end has a solid two inch piece plus the end connector and the end is welded so it very stiff at the end. Needless to say, I am having trouble getting around corners. I need a flexible leader for Ridgid 1/2 inch. Can't find one. Any suggestions about where to buy. I have spent a zillion hours looking. Thoughts. Suggestions. Thanks in advance. - Al

New cables are super stiff right out of the box and take some time to break in. Try a drop head auger. I've had good luck with those.

Comment

What is the Part # cable you purchased?

Rick
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Al Fernandez View Post
        Hi, I have a big, medium and small snake. The medium is a Ridgid 1/2 inch. It used to be a 3/8 but I hated the 3/8s as it twisted in the pipe.

Bought a new Rigid 1/2 inch cable to replace it. To my surprise the end has a solid two inch piece plus the end connector and the end is welded so it very stiff at the end. Needless to say, I am having trouble getting around corners. I need a flexible leader for Ridgid 1/2 inch. Can't find one. Any suggestions about where to buy. I have spent a zillion hours looking. Thoughts. Suggestions. Thanks in advance. - Al
        My first K-3800 came with that 1/2 cable you are talking about. Throw it away. Ridgid has another one very flexible with a better end. I very seldom use it. A 3/8" cable should not be used in a main line.

Comment

Rick, I don't know what that part number is.

I did find a 3 ft flexible leader at MyTana. Hopefully that is a good thing as I bought it.

Hopefully, I don't have to throw it away as I am cheap and it would hurt my cheap heart ! (I use 3/4 on the main line.)

But thanks for the comments.

If it goes well, I'll post my adventures.

Comment

Working...
          X