X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8 snake down a 4inch main line.

Just want to know if any1 having problem or try to put 3/8 snake down a 4inch main line with a big cutter head, will it got caught in root and got stuck or anything might happen that u guy encounter.
    I guess it save me money from buying a 3/4 cable snake. What im trying to do is not to buy 2 drain snake.

dang008,

With all due respect are you sure you are ready to open a plumbing business?

A 3/8" cable should be limited to an 1 1/2 inch line. You can get away with using a 3/8" cable on a 2" line but I'd rather use a 5/8" cable on a 2" line. You should NEVER use a 3/8" cable on anything larger than a 2" line.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Okay, first you don't know where to get material to study for your license test and you don't know what sized cable to put in a 4 inch drain. Yet you are asking for someone to be a 50% business partner and give you 25,000 dollars.

What part of this site gave you the impression that we were all a bunch of chumps?

Sure go ahead and stick your 3/8 cable in a 4" sewer. You'll get your first lesson in drain cleaning.
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Like i say i just want to save little on the cost of the machine, how hard is it to put cable down line and pull it out. lol

Comment

3/8 is for 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" only. You'll learn not to use it on anything else. You'd be in for a world of hurt if you try running that cable in 4". I come to customers' houses all the time who try to snake their main with a 25' 1/4" hand auger from home depot. I think it's hilarious, but i try my best not to laugh at them.

Comment

This is what is required for 4" http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K7500-Dr...hine/index.htm

Comment

dang, it,s so simple "a monkey can do it"

i guess you need to go to the zoo for some help.

are you for real or are you a joke?

guys, i'm off to costa rica on friday for a week. i'll let you figure this guy out. i'm "dumb"(done) with him.

rick.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
                dang, it,s so simple "a monkey can do it"

i guess you need to go to the zoo for some help.

are you for real or are you a joke?

guys, i'm off to costa rica on friday for a week. i'll let you figure this guy out. i'm "dumb"(done) with him.

rick.
                Rick,

Have a great trip.

the dog
                the dog

Comment

Have fun Rick, hopefully the place is still there after all the storms this year.

I think we all already know what dang008 is about. With luck he won't find anyone to give him money to start his scam. Pity the homeowner who unwittingly hires the guy in an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
                    Have fun Rick, hopefully the place is still there after all the storms this year.

I think we all already know what dang008 is about. With luck he won't find anyone to give him money to start his scam. Pity the homeowner who unwittingly hires the guy in an emergency.
                    Plumber,

I e-mailed you a question I have know found the answer to (I don't usually look at that forum).

In my opinion this guy is a fake. The writing is to hillbilly to be believable. I think it is some bored guys way of entertaining himself.

My advice to him would be to get a hobby, my advice to those on this forum is to ignore him. Eventually without the attention he will fade away to his next meaningless project.

the dog
                    the dog

Comment

Did i miss a post or something about some business this guy is trying to start? If he's trying to shove that little cable in a line, he's got no business being in business.

Comment

Dog,

Yeah I saw your e-mail tonight. Sorry I did not reply. I think I agree that the guy is full of $h!+.

Theron,

Look at the forum for See Snakes.

Comment

I had some water maple trees in my yard that gave me fits for years with roots getting into my drains.Had to rent a machine so often that I bought a K75 with 200 ft of cables. Also cleaned out a few of the nieghbors drains for them. The water maples are gone now and I don't have any drain problems at home. I guess I could start a plumbing business and get rich. Anybody on here tell me how to sweat copper pipes? ROFLMAO PS, almost forgot, I have an old 535 threader too. Now I know i'm ready.

[ 11-04-2005, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: papadan ]
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

papadan,

All kidding aside the K-75 is a nice litte snake which does a great job.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You are right about that Mark. It's been a great machine for the past 10 years that I have had it.
                              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                              X