Drain Cleaning Machines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain Cleaning Machines

What is the recommended Ridgid machine to use for clearing blockages in 3" & 4" pipe either on a septic system or city sewers? Will the same machine do both?

I personally use the k-7500 with an auto-feeder and 3/4" cable daily. The drum is nice because the sewer water stays in it until you drain it and not all over the walls and ceiling. The auto-feed is a definite plus over pushing cable by hand. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/K7500-Dr...hine/index.htm Also the same machine will clean both sanitary and storm lines septic and city 3"-6"

Comment

i agree with theron. i have both the k-7500 and k-750. the k-7500 is a stronger geared reduced motor and holds 25' more of cable. it has a better auto feed and better stairs climbers. if this is used for a commercial application on a daily basis, i would go with the 7500. if it's an occasional use the 750 is fine.

be very careful in a septic system thst you don't overshoot the piping and get into the tank.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Always measure the distance from the cleanout to the septic tank - otherwise you will tangle the cable in the tank. The same is true for any property that may have a manhole within the distance of the length of the cable you are using. I forgot all about how nice the stairclimbers are. Their dual position allows for easy loading and unloading into the back of a van. It's really a top notch machine. Cables, cutters, and bearings, are easy to buy for it also. I use the k-3800 for 1 1/2" to 3" inside work. That machine is not strong enough nor can you use the proper size cable to clear root intrusions, but it's great for everything else. You can't go wrong with the 7500 or 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Taylor
          What is the recommended Ridgid machine to use for clearing blockages in 3" & 4" pipe either on a septic system or city sewers? Will the same machine do both?
          What type of stoppages have you encountered and are you using anything now? I like using a sectional machine over a drum machine but need more information to give you any advise.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks for the replies

Right now I have 1 Ridgid K-1500 machine which is not kept in the shop. I'm looking at buying a 3 machines which I will keep on the vans all the time. The 1500 is too expensive to buy 3 and I also think it's too big for everyday drain cleaning. Keep in mind we don't use the 1500 everyday and thats why I was looking for a less expensive alternative.
            Typically we are cleaning single family residences on sewers and septic systems. Blockages usually consist of everything except tree roots. If we did find any tree roots we have the 1500 machine.

Comment

I would go with the K-60 using 7/8"cables.

Mark

Comment

mark, i just bought a k-60sp. i have not had a chance to use it yet. looking foward to trying it on a roof top.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

I look forward to your review.

Mark

Comment

I use the K-1500 but I'm sure it takes me longer than the guys with drum machines. Its alot of trips up & down the steps. Alot of floor & wall covering because of the 700 RPM platter. It has a great feel & quick clutch. It feeds fast in reverse (don't try to cut roots or load the cable in reverse. The cable is designed for forward loading). Feeds fast in reverse even up a grade. I really like the lightweight on steps since you carry it pieces. More trips but less weight per trip.

Comment

Working...
                    X