Riser for my septic tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riser for my septic tank

Can anyone tell me what kind of materials i need to put a riser on my septic tank or is this something that varies under code from state to state.
    A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

You can buy pre-casted risers of various heights which are heavy and hard to deal with or buy one of the Zoeller risers which are plastic but well built and easy to deal with. As a matter of fact if you have more time then money you should be able to build your own as well but I think I would go with the Zoeller risers.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I agree with utah that the Zoeller risers would be the easiest solution. But like he also said, you could build your own. If there is no code restrictions where you live and I don't know of any that apply to such then either a brick and mortar or poured concrete homemade riser would be pretty easy to make and not very expensive.

Be sure to make a safe cover if you build your own. I could not think of a more horrible way to go than to fall into and drown in a septic tank. I'd rather be eaten by a bear.
      Last edited by plumber; 02-19-2006, 08:30 PM. Reason: after all these years i mispelled Zoeller
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

chic, sure hope that your slow tub wasn't because the septic tank was full

1 project at a time.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

chic GREAT SEPTIC-DRAINFIELD BOOK

think i paid $12 on amazon Septic system owners manual by lloyd kahn, blair allen,julie jones. tons of pop on pop, and funny
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X