kwik-spin stuck!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kwik-spin stuck!

Help, trying to clear a clog with the quik-spin and it got stuck, can't back it out. What do I do?

try spinning it in a reverse direction. pull back gently while spinning. don't over do it or you will snap the cable off. you can also try spinning forward and reverse a little too. gently pulling back as you spin.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the responce,Rick, but tried that. It won't back out at all, I think it has a kink in it.

Comment

you are in trouble now
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Cut the pipe and remove it or ... some drain cleaning companies in your area may offer cable retreival as one of their services (it won't be in their ad you will have to call them). It's not cheap at all - usually they charge by the hour and it can take a couple hours. If you can see the pipe that you are in, such as a basement, your better off just replacing it now and cutting that snake with a bolt cutter when you cut through the pipe.
          When a drain is clogged you only have two options - snake it or replace it.
          What size drain are you in? - sink, shower, main sewer, etc.
          If in doubt call in a pro to analyze your situation - a lot of companies offer free estimates.

Comment

Re: kwik-spin stuck!

Used regularly, Liquid-Plumr® Regular Strength Clog Remover can keep your pipes free of the buildup that is responsible for most clogs. Just pour a cup of Liquid-Plumr® Regular Strength Clog Remover in every drain, once or twice a month, to keep your pipes clean and free flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by nautica View Post
              Used regularly, Liquid-Plumr® Regular Strength Clog Remover can keep your pipes free of the buildup that is responsible for most clogs. Just pour a cup of Liquid-Plumr® Regular Strength Clog Remover in every drain, once or twice a month, to keep your pipes clean and free flowing.
              Worst advice ever from a "plumber". Cut the cable of your quick spin leaving about 12" outside the cleanout. Attach a drill to the cable and pull the cable with the drill while going in reverse. Don't pull too hard, just apply steady pressure.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Shhhhhh! Don't tell my customers my secrets!
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

And you call yourself a plumber...I wouldnt be able to sleep at night telling my customers to just use liquid plumr
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

You must either sell the stuff or intentionally use it expecting it to eat away at the customers pipes so that the only option is to hire you to replace the rotted pipe
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                    X