X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kj 3000

Hello I am looking to buy this sewer jetter kj 3000, I am wondering if this would be a good purchase for residential and light to moderate commercial applications for grease and other unwarranted blockages, I need some in put on this rigid machine or one that would do the work I am wanting to do with it, thanks Chris
    Last edited by PLUMBERCHRIS; 06-27-2006, 10:33 PM.

chris, the the kj3000 is a good machine up to 4'' pipe. at 3000 psi and 4 gallons per minute, anything larger would be like fighting a house fire with a garden hose. sure you will eventually put out the fire, but won't have much of a house left. volume is more important than psi. i would rather you look into a 16-18horse power machine for 6'' pipe. this is capeable of 5.6 gpm at 3500 psi.

"general" makes a larger line of jetters than ridgid. i would look into their products too.

i own a number of jetters from 2 hp electric up to a triailer unit that puts out 2500 psi at 12 gpm. that one will do a 8'' line with the proper nozzle.
    a warthog nozzle that is slow rotating will do a great job on roots and grease and mud. this nozzle is almost $1000

look into some other machines and never mind what they claim the machine is rated for. look for volume over psi.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK
      chris, the the kj3000 is a good machine up to 4'' pipe. at 3000 psi and 4 gallons per minute, anything larger would be like fighting a house fire with a garden hose. sure you will eventually put out the fire, but won't have much of a house left. volume is more important than psi. i would rather you look into a 16-18horse power machine for 6'' pipe. this is capeable of 5.6 gpm at 3500 psi.

"general" makes a larger line of jetters than ridgid. i would look into their products too.

i own a number of jetters from 2 hp electric up to a triailer unit that puts out 2500 psi at 12 gpm. that one will do a 8'' line with the proper nozzle.
      a warthog nozzle that is slow rotating will do a great job on roots and grease and mud. this nozzle is almost $1000

look into some other machines and never mind what they claim the machine is rated for. look for volume over psi.

rick.
      PERHAPS YOU MEANT ANYTHING SMALLER?
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

mark what i was saying is the ridgid specs. state this machine is good for 2''- 8'' pipe. i feel that trying to clean anything over 4'' pipe with this machine is a joke. sure it will go into 8'' pipe, but will it actually clean the pipe? no. hence the fire hose to garden hose comparison.

i can barly properly clean 8'' pipe with my trailer jetter. 12gpm at 2500psi.

just because the machine says in it's specs, doesn't mean it will properly do the job. i would love to see this machine clean a plugged up 8'' storm drain or grease plugged line. you might blow a hole in it, but not actually clean the line.

one last point. it's much easier to clean a smooth bore pipe such as abs, pvc, and clay. a cast iron or gal. pipe will not get spotless unless it's fairly new, or a proper series of cleaning is done.

mark, don't you own this model? what's your actual take?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Sorry I read it as you were referring to the KJ-3000 when you posted "anything larger".

Yes I have a KJ-3000 and I think it does a great job on 4" and smaller lines. It is a good machine for residential and light commercial. I'm not sure what Chris is calling moderate commercial but above light commercial it would be iffy. However, if you can only afford one machine it is a great machine.

Mark

BTW: I have owned General as well.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
          X