X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 in crawlspace

Thanks for everyone who recommended the K-60. The overall process time is shorter but it does take longer to setup. I had a k-3800w/ autofeed that collects dust now. Also takes up a smaller footprint on my truck. All round great machine.

When I'm feeding the line in a horizantol application (crawlspace, cleanout on the wall), how do I get that "snap of the cable being pushed" that I do when the pipe/cleanout is vertical as shown in the training video. Last question-what type of grease do I use at the grease fittings? The manual doesn't say; it just says grease.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: k-60 in crawlspace

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Thanks for everyone who recommended the K-60. The overall process time is shorter but it does take longer to setup. I had a k-3800w/ autofeed that collects dust now. Also takes up a smaller footprint on my truck. All round great machine.

When I'm feeding the line in a horizantol application (crawlspace, cleanout on the wall), how do I get that "snap of the cable being pushed" that I do when the pipe/cleanout is vertical as shown in the training video. Last question-what type of grease do I use at the grease fittings? The manual doesn't say; it just says grease.

glad you like it my other machines are getting a complex too

i find that i will help the feeding process along with my properly gloved hand. 1 hand on the clutch, 1 on the cable. i also find real good results when i don't use the guide tube. that's 90% of the time i can feed from the rear of the machine where the guide tube would normally be. i also don't use reverse. i like to be able to continue cutting while feeding and retrieving. it's a little harder, but it continues cleaning/ cutting with the cutter i prefer. there are double sided shark tooth cutter that will cut in either direction too. i like the spiral root saw. the teeth are shaped to cut in the forward rotation direction only.

word of note. if you do use your machine without the rear guide hose, be very cautious of your surroundings. the open wind cable can and will grab cable t.v, telephone, plants, ivy and anything it can get it's death grip on

i do it this way when i can, you need to be the judge in your case.

have fun, my k-60 is looking for a brother, the k-50 is his younger brother

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: k-60 in crawlspace

Hopefully your useing rubber gloves to protect from infections. ridgid sells left and right hand gloves for the cable to be able to spin while you control how fast or slow you go into or pull out of the drain. If your going into a line, I would use funnel auger. If it's a paper stoppage this will clear it and show what was stopping the line to the customer, It will also snag roots for a possible future job of replacing sewer line. If you show the customer and have some selling skills. You can make more money. use reverse only when and If cable gets snagged up on roots,sometimes It will break through going back and forth direction. IMO As for grease Wheel bearing grease is what I have used for my machine. Freddy

Comment

Working...
      X