Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 problems

Hi guys,

I have hade the k-60 for about three years now with out any problems. Then all of a sudden the clutch jaws started seizing up all the time. I bought new jaws and it is still doing the same thing but not as often. I can't find any reason why it would keep doing this any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: k-60 problems

since i haven't had this same issue i would probably think it has to do with 1 of a few items.

there are a total of 14 parts that make up the main drive.

first remove the main jaw housing to expose the internals

you should then see the working parts that ride on the main shaft w/ rack. there are also 2 extension springs and a sleeve bearing. also there is a idler cone and drive cone.. check for proper lube and scoring. you can get a good parts break down from the ridgid site. i will see if i can post the link.

if your good with the mechanics, it should be no problem to disassemble and reassemble. if not then a ridgid service center.

glad to hear you had 3 trouble free years. i love mine and would be lost without it.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

phoebe it is

Comment

here is the link.
        http://buy.ridgidparts.com/cgi-bin/r...Table=1&id=503

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick
          I can see the main drive cone spinning while clutch jaws are not moving. should the idler cone be spinning with the clutch jaws! Maybe the #8 bearing is seized. I've tried to lube the clutch jaws, helps for awhile then seizes up soon after!

Comment

not sure. you can contact ridgid directly or can find a local shop.

i would talk to the proper dept. at ridgid and they should be able to walk you through.

what part of the country are you?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I will try and phone ridgid in the mourning. I own a septic pumping company in central British Columbia. The k-60 is a great machine to carry on the pumper trucks so until it is fixed it's back to the big K-1500

Comment

Working...
              X