X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 Obsolete???

I called up Ferguson's and I asked them if they carried the K-60. They never even heard of it and they did a search on their computer and said it was obsolete.

Did I just get a new guy or don't they make them anymore? Should I look elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help
    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Re: K-60 Obsolete???

http://www.toolup.com/K-60SP/Categor...exbx15330.html

Here ya go homie. Sorry it doesn't list a price. Just try "Rigid Drain Cleaning" and you'll get plenty of hits through Google.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Or..... A site with prices.

http://www.heavydutystore.com/K60SP_...e_1_c_289.html
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
        I called up Ferguson's and I asked them if they carried the K-60. They never even heard of it and they did a search on their computer and said it was obsolete.

Did I just get a new guy or don't they make them anymore? Should I look elsewhere?

When I purchase my first snake (in 24 years of const. plumbing),it will be the K-60 thanks to the advice of the wise mentors here.

Yes FERGY was in the dark.Just cause a distributor doesn't make enough profit off a product is no reason for a counter person to say they are obsolete.

I wonder if you could tell us which city this ferguson was in?

I would like to talk to em.

I know the guys at three different Fergusons in my area and even though they don't have many Ridgid products on display I know for a fact they would not give out that type of misleading info once they understood the advantages of the product we are talking about.

Comment

Don't go to fergusons. I got quoted 2100. Went to blackbookoftools.com and got it for low 1300s. K60 is not obsolete by any means.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

there are times i think there should be laws against salepeople. i've been lied to and when you confront them they act like it's your fault.

there is a MAJOR dealer in Michigan that i called out and was told my order wasn't large enough. i told them wher to stick it and went all the way to the owner. explained my situation and he was very apologetic, especiAlly when i explained to him i'd take my "little" $2500 order elsewhere.

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post

Ya got someone with bad info. The k-60 will be around for a long time.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Don't go to fergusons. I got quoted 2100. Went to blackbookoftools.com and got it for low 1300s. K60 is not obsolete by any means.
              make sure ya know which package they quoted you on. Depends on how much cable and which tools come with the package. Price can vary. ferguson probably gave ya the high end package price.

Josh

Comment

Fergusons confuses me.
                They were the BEST price I could get on a 60 gal SuperStor indirect, bar none, just 6 months ago.
                Yesterday, the price was up over 30%..they were the highest this time.
                I know the MFG just upped the price, but I found one at another local supplier for what I got it at 6 months ago....several hundred dollars difference.
                They just bought out a major competitor here...they're the biggest in the country, that makes me nervous when they are price gouging.

Comment

Tell me about it D/B,
                  Two weeks ago it they were 30% higher than everyone else on a $3,000 job quote now this week at a different branch there 20% lower on a $7,000 quote for a different project,the type of material was the same on both products.

If they can do that on a whim you better beleive I going to be spending a lot more time negotiating with supply houses without feeling bad for being a PITA

Comment

Adam,

It is a smart man who double check material quotes before he buys.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Tell me about it D/B,
                      Two weeks ago it they were 30% higher than everyone else on a $3,000 job quote now this week at a different branch there 20% lower on a $7,000 quote for a different project,the type of material was the same on both products.

If they can do that on a whim you better beleive I going to be spending a lot more time negotiating with supply houses without feeling bad for being a PITA
                      I am a big PITA Adam, everyone teases me about how cheap I am, but you know what, this is what gives you a competative edge. I find one guy in the back office and one at the counter, treat them great so they are more willing to put up with my crap
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        Adam,

It is a smart man who double check material quotes before he buys.

Mark
                        Mark,
                        I agree...was all good till a week ago I was in a pinch.
                        I'd priced boilers at several suppliers...one that was right down the road from the job that I like in particular (they know me by voice when I call).
                        I wound up going elsewhere over a $400 difference. (thats food outta my families mouths as I see it)
                        On inspection I was told the vent outlet needed to be 6" higher than state requires per local ordinance, but he signed off as long as I agreed to fix it immediately.
                        Naturally I went to the closest supplier.
                        Guy I know at the counter says "Still want the boiler to go with that?"
                        He was smirking...he understands. (I hope)

Comment

Ben, I was quoted at 1400.00 for my K-60, give or take a few dollers, the least expensive quote I recieved, and it was from ferguson. You need a new salesman buddy By the time you pay taxes and shipping, it will be around 1400.00 less the instand gratification issue
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            make sure ya know which package they quoted you on. Depends on how much cable and which tools come with the package. Price can vary. ferguson probably gave ya the high end package price.

Josh
                            I got the 60 w/ the 7/8" cable kit, rear guide hose and toolbox with cutter heads. I forgot the model number but it was the exact same kind at ferguson that I got at black book. That much of a price difference is inexcusable.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Feels more like a babysitter Mark

It's all in the buisiness

You guys know what I realized,I just tried to use the".........." in a post,when I previewed it it looked wierd cause it's kind of Dogs insignia,trademark whatever you want to call it.

Hey Dog,
                              If your gonna hog a tool put it to use,from one Construction Lead to Another

Comment

Working...
                              X