Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power of the K-60

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    greg, i can write a book about the k-60.

actually if you do some searching of old post on the k-60. i think i've wrote a novel

all we need now is plumbercrack to turn it into a movie

since you know sectionals, you'll love this little package of a machine. get it before they ban it for using steroids

rick.

LOL, i think i will....im actually excited over this...i know its the simple things that excite me..anyway...ya im going to check it out..Are those cables easy to kink??? and how often would you say you need to replace sections???
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      LOL, i think i will....im actually excited over this...i know its the simple things that excite me..anyway...ya im going to check it out..Are those cables easy to kink??? and how often would you say you need to replace sections???
      I've used the Ridgid sectional machines for over 30-years. It seems the cables are more serviceable than our drum machines but of course that really depends on what you get in to. One big advantage of a sectional machine is when you do get a bad kink you replace a short section rather than an entire cable. My 1 1/4 Ridgid cables are 15' long and are not inner-core.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

so far so good with the cables. with that instant acting clutch handle, kinking is very hard to do.

i rarely run the rear guide hose and therefore do a lot of extra rubbing on the ground. but so far i've only broke i cable and that was amazing that i even did the job. i was able to fix the cable since there is a 6'' section of tight wind on the ends.

believe it or not, i actually cleared a stoppage with my 7/8'' cable on a roof drain that was backed up. nothing out of the ordinary till it cleared and i saw that the drain was only 2'' and it had a p-trap 1' below

amazing i got through it. and ran 35+ feet to clear it. getting it back out of the trap was the fun. that's how i snapped it. still got it out. the coupling on each side of the cable was too tight to make it back out of a 2'' trap.

can't blame the cable on this

read some of the old post, and ben/ gear junkie is a believer now.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I've used the Ridgid sectional machines for over 30-years. It seems the cables are more serviceable than our drum machines but of course that really depends on what you get in to. One big advantage of a sectional machine is when you do get a bad kink you replace a short section rather than an entire cable. My 1 1/4 Ridgid cables are 15' long and are not inner-core.

Mark
          about time you jumped in.

what, late night with the boys

i can thank mark for the sectional heads up. 100th' time

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Drain Medic I also use my K-7500 on roof vents http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10387

Like I told you the only reason I`m getting a K-60 is for basements clean outs
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Sounds good, hey, those cables, do they have an intercore cable inside...in other words, is it a cable inside a cable??? Im really leaning on buying one of these sectionals after hearing your stories....sounds like its a winner...
              rothenberger makes a 7/8" innercore cable. Cost an arm and a leg, maybe 2.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

check out the thread called "plumber rick". There's lots of good info on the k60 on there.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

here is a photo of the k-60's catch.

the plumber the day before couldn't clear the line with his spartan. he recommended me to the owners to clear it.

funny i did it in less than an hour and he had 2 guys to carry his machine up the stairs.

the owners were thrilled as they were just going to rent the house after renovating it for the last 2 years.

rick.
                  Attached Files
                  phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=PLUMBER RICK;89080]here is a photo of the k-60's catch.

the plumber the day before couldn't clear the line with his spartan.

AMATEURS :O

Comment

the plumber the day before couldn't clear the line with his spartan. he recommended me to the owners to clear it.

funny i did it in less than an hour and he had 2 guys to carry his machine up the stairs.

the owners were thrilled as they were just going to rent the house after renovating it for the last 2 years.

rick.

Alright Robert, it looks like Rick beat you out for biggest root ball. Rick, those roots are insane.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

rick.

Refering t your and ben post..

See ben...we post a pic..and rick cannot wait to compete...something is seriously wrong with him

Next rob will post a who has a cutest dog and rick will probably google it and post here the worlds cutest dog instead of his own

he just has to compete..poor children of his one day

mrs. wc
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Yeah, that is pretty big I thought I might be able to top it today, but instead got stuck cable went flying out of my drum wrapped me up, had to pull the pin at the 50' and run it back into the drum, what a crazy mess on a hot day!!

Anyways, ran my camera, located the break in the street recommended another company to dig up the street and lay the new lateral. Upper lateral (sewer) needs to be replaced, I told them to fix the lateral first, it's the most important, I'll wait
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Hi Out There Everbody, 1st. Thing I Type In Caps Because Of Bad Eyes, And It's Easyer To See What I Am Typing..

Good Posts Out There Westcoast, Rick I Respect Your Technial Expertise, But I Don't Know What The Big Deal Is About Sectionals?? I Have Not Ever Used One, But I Have Used Many Differant Types & Models Of Drum Mach's Ie Spartan, Gorlitz, Marco, Roto Rooter, Rigid 750, & 7500 For 3 Years And More I Can't
                            Remember Right Now Including When I First Started A 3/4" X 75' Flat Tape That Was A Lot Of Fun In The Day!!!

But The Main Point Is I Have Cleared Many Root Blo0ckadges The Same As Your Pictures, Or Worst I Used To Clean 6" & 8" Sewers With Spartan 300 Mach. With (2) Two 5/8" X 75' Run Together For A Total Of 150' Plus Including Leader & Anchor Cables,

Jerrymac Masterplumber Master Drainman
                            JERRYMAC
                            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post

Good Posts Out There Westcoast, Rick I Respect Your Technial Expertise, But I Don't Know What The Big Deal Is About Sectionals??
                              Don't knock it till you try it.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post

But The Main Point Is I Have Cleared Many Root Blo0ckadges The Same As Your Pictures, Or Worst I Used To Clean 6" & 8" Sewers With Spartan 300 Mach. With (2) Two 5/8" X 75' Run Together For A Total Of 150' Plus Including Leader & Anchor Cables,

Did you clean it or just knock a hole in the stoppage. How did you know the diiference? I by no means have as many years as you do but doesn't a 5/8 cable seem small for 6-8"? I think that's stretching it for 4" root stoppages. I won't run my 5/8" cable in anything bigger than 2".
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X