X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power of the K-60

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
    Guys
    I have looking at buying a k 60 but I have been holding off but by the discussions and photos I might have to invest in one.
    What is the furthest you guys have had one down a 4 inch sewer line?
    As most of the cleans I have been been doing lateley are approx 60-90feet.
    Are they flexible enough to go around PVC trap?
    Regards
    Greg
    greg, i carry 150' with me in the truck. that's 2- 75' cages. i have used it on more than 1 occasion.

as far as a trap goes. depends what size traps. i once was cleaning a roof drain that turns out it was a 2'' line with a 2'' p-trap. i was using the 7/8'' cable with straight auger. got through it and cleared it. that's when i realized it was a 2'' line and trap

the k-60 runs both the 5/8'' cable and 7/8'' cable. the 5/8'' will run 1.5''-3'' and the 7/8'' is good for 2''-4''. traps 3-4''

if you need a demo, send me a ticket i'll bring you one. are you guys 120 or 240 volts?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      greg, i carry 150' with me in the truck. that's 2- 75' cages. i have used it on more than 1 occasion.

as far as a trap goes. depends what size traps. i once was cleaning a roof drain that turns out it was a 2'' line with a 2'' p-trap. i was using the 7/8'' cable with straight auger. got through it and cleared it. that's when i realized it was a 2'' line and trap

the k-60 runs both the 5/8'' cable and 7/8'' cable. the 5/8'' will run 1.5''-3'' and the 7/8'' is good for 2''-4''. traps 3-4''

if you need a demo, send me a ticket i'll bring you one. are you guys 120 or 240 volts?

rick.

Electrical requirements and safety

The following information is provided to assist you in the safe operation of telecommunications and radiocommunications equipment whilst visiting Australia. This information is provided for assistance only and is not necessarily applicable in all situations. In all circumstances where any doubt exists regarding the safe and proper way to operate electrically based equipment you should seek additional advice before attempting to operate the equipment. Please see the end of this section for additional sources of information on electrical requirements and safety.
      (Source: Testing & Certification Australia - a business of EnergyAustralia)

Voltage

Nominal mains voltage is 240 volts. This can be expected to vary between 216 and 254 volts depending on time and load conditions in the distribution system
      Frequency

Frequency is 50 Hertz
      Power System

Australia uses a four wire, three phase, 240/415 volt, multiple earthed neutral (MEN) distribution system. There is no inherent overvoltage level protection and additional protection in equipment may be required. However, three phase 415 volt system is generally considered to be Category III level whilst single phase, 240 volt general purpose outlets are considered to be Category II; (see International Electrotechnical Commission standard, IEC 60664 for definitions)
      Connection to Mains

Single phase plug for connection to General Purpose outlet is by three pin, flat pin with active, neutral and earth. Active and neutral connections are standardised. Maximum current capacity is 10 Amps. Special plug and socket combinations are available for 15 and 20 Amp requirements but must be used with appropriately rated sub-circuits.
      Small three phase loads can be connected to 32 Amp general purpose connectors distributed through facilities. Special outdoor distribution points will be available at the venues for connection of loads of up to 200 Amps per phase by flexible cables. Loads larger than these will need to be advised to Energy Australia for planning and connection to available substations.
      Safety Requirements

Class 0 and 01 Insulated equipment is not permitted in Australia. All mains connected equipment must provide protection from electric shock by means of one layer of insulation plus an earthed metal screen or by double insulation. All Australian power outlets have earth conductors.
      State legislation requires that all electrical equipment be safe. Australia uses a range of National standards for evaluation of safety, many are based on IEC international standards.

Standard DescriptionEquivalentComment
      AS 3000

Electrical Wiring Rules
      none
      Rules covering installation of electrical equipment in Australia
      AS/NZS 3100
      General Requirements for electrical equipment
      none
      Applied to any electrical equipment where specific product standard does not exist
      AS/NZS 3500.1
      Safety of Household and similar electrical appliances
      IEC60335.1
      EN60335.1
      Domestic and commercial appliances - also applied to general equipment
      AS/NZS3260
      Safety of Information Technology and Business equipment
      IEC60950
      EN60950
      Some national requirements for flammability and impulse levels for telecommunications equipment
      AS/NZS3250
      Mains operated electronic and related equipment
      IEC60065
      EN600065
      TV and audio visual equipment - additional flammability requirements for Australia
      AS/NZS3108
      Isolating Transformers
      IEC60742
      EN60742

AS/NZS3112
      Plugs and Sockets

Standard for three pin plugs and sockets mandated in Australia
      AS/NZS3191
      Flexible Power Supply Cords

Cords bearing the European mark are also accepted
      AS/NZS3200.1
      Electromedical Equipment
      IEC60601.1
      EN60601.1
      Equipment for permanent installation in Australia

Mains connected electrical equipment which is intended for sale or rent, is subject to the uniform electrical safety regulations. Explanatory notes applicable to New South Wales are attached. The purchaser should ascertain that the appropriate approvals have been obtained before purchase. There is a general overarching requirement that all products on sale be safe but only a limited number of "Declared" articles require mandatory testing and approval. It is the responsibility of the supplier to ensure safety. Compliance to published standards is one method accepted for demonstrating safety.
      If equipment is being imported but not for sale, then these requirements are not applicable. However, Occupational Heath and Safety laws require that employers provide safe working environments. In the Games situation, SOCOG is the workplace owner and will be liable for any safety offences or incidents at the venues. In order to minimise the risk presented by electrical products, all equipment should comply with relevant standards.
      Equipment for Games use only

For personal appliances and equipment (hair dyers, CD players, PC's etc.) where no interconnection to telecommunications systems at the venue are intended, normal tourist conditions apply and there are no special requirements.
      Where equipment is to be used in public areas and may be contacted by other persons or will be connected to systems at the venue, SOCOG safety requirements will have to be met.. The responsibility for checking and approving safety of electrical equipment has been given to Testing & Certification Australia (TCA) a division of Energy Australia. In general compliance to standards equivalent to Australian requirements will be accepted. Compliance will be checked through documentation where possible and it is expected that existing certifications will be satisfactory where these can be recognised and equivalence of safety established. Where such equivalence cannot be shown, TCA may require, inspection, partial or full testing of a sample. This may be able to be arranged in country of origin.

THERE YOU GO RICK,HOPE YOU GOT IT

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
        Guys
        I have looking at buying a k 60 but I have been holding off but by the discussions and photos I might have to invest in one.
        What is the furthest you guys have had one down a 4 inch sewer line?
        As most of the cleans I have been been doing lateley are approx 60-90feet.
        Are they flexible enough to go around PVC trap?
        Regards
        Greg
        Greg, just get it, it's worth every penny. Other than my truck; that's the best purchase I ever made. I would be at a loss if I had to improve upon it.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
          Electrical requirements and safety

THERE YOU GO RICK,HOPE YOU GOT IT
          zeljka, glad you can copy and paste

your research is up there with bob and bhd

now study your real estate books, you only need 1% more

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

rick.
            Copy and paste?

Zeljka is a pretty bright girl, I would not be surprised to learn she posted that off the top of her head.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

rick.

I'm glad i can help you Rick,

When people get older youngsters are the one that take care of them,so i figured i can help you,

As far as my real estate exam,i called them and requested that my exam should be re-reviewed since the computer is the one that gave me the final score..Nothing to loose..In the meantime since that takes 4 weeks ..I'm studying for my 3rd try...

Oh,I'm sorry ..Am i taking your place on the forum? It' s ok Rick,I promise i won't stay for more than you do

But i will get it..don't worry about me Rick

You should worry about not knowing the voltage...i thought you know everything..guess i was wrong
              Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 08-22-2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Copy and paste?

Zeljka is a pretty bright girl, I would not be surprised to learn she posted that off the top of her head.

Mark
                Thanks Mark,

I'm glad to hear someone thinks i have brains and not the computer skills

Comment

Errrrr, rick, you and zeljka are at more then zeljka and I, is there something I should know

We can all play toghether and it is all in good fun.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                    I'm glad i can help you Rick,

When people get older youngsters are the one that take care of them,so i figured i can help you,

As far as my real estate exam,i called them and requested that my exam should be re-reviewed since the computer is the one that gave me the final score..Nothing to loose..In the meantime since that takes 4 weeks ..I'm studying for my 3rd try...

Oh,I'm sorry ..Am i taking your place on the forum? It' s ok Rick,I promise i won't stay for more than you do

But i will get it..don't worry about me Rick

You should worry about not knowing the voltage...i thought you know everything..guess i was wrong
                    LOL, she got you good Rick; brains and a sense of humor. Robert, she's a keeper.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      LOL, she got you good Rick; brains and a sense of humor. Robert, she's a keeper.
                      ZELJKA IS A KEEPER

Comment

What did I say???
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

Robert, she's a keeper.

And since we all know Robert needs a keeper that is a good thing.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                          X