Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Power of the K-60

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Power of the K-60

    Called to a main stoppage this morning. In at 78' and I pull back roots with my straight auger. I attach my small spiral saw and I can feel it just wind around in there not doing much. I attach my big spiral saw and it bound at first so I started feeding it in real slow, it slowed down but never bound up after that. In 15 minutes the cables picked up speed but felt heavy. I pulled out the root ball below. Though not long, it filled the entire pipe(no sex jokes, please).

    Total time on the job, from setting up to cleaning and putting away the snake was 50 minutes. We always say the K-60 is a great machine but can't handle heavy roots. I'm not saying it can do everything but the pictures show roots are no problem. I will say if I knew how big the roots were, I would have brought out the Spartan.
    Attached Files
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

  • #2
    Re: Power of the K-60

    Sweet pics.

    Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

    www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Power of the K-60

      Well Now you show the roots to the customer and tell them it's time to replace the pipe before it stops up again. The roots will just grow back.
      Sure the k-60 will have a harder time than a larger machine but if the roots are that bad they need new pipe replacement. So even though the k-60 may not clean out the pipe as good as a larger machine. It will buy the customer some time. To save up for new pipe replacement. I seldom use my 1500 machine anymore.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Power of the K-60

        Originally posted by freddy View Post
        Well Now you show the roots to the customer and tell them it's time to replace the pipe before it stops up again. The roots will just grow back.
        Sure the k-60 will have a harder time than a larger machine but if the roots are that bad they need new pipe replacement. So even though the k-60 may not clean out the pipe as good as a larger machine. It will buy the customer some time. To save up for new pipe replacement. I seldom use my 1500 machine anymore.
        Right on, Brutha!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Power of the K-60

          I pull that kinda sutff out every day with my K-7500
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Power of the K-60

            ben nice choice of cutters

            that is my cutter of choice. sometimes you have to clear the cutter and continue in. i also like the way the sectional grabs the roots in the coils.

            rick.

            p.s ben good photos.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Power of the K-60

              Nice job on clean outs there fellas.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Power of the K-60

                had 2 k-60 jobs yesterday. first one was a hard access location that in the past i would struggle to get my k7500 to the rear cleanout location. now with the 60 i was able to clear both 4'' locations of roots at 75' each in under 1 hour show up to packed up.

                the next one was a main line that had no ground level cleanout so i used the 3'' roof vent to cut out roots and baby wipes. doesn't look steep from the photo angle, but i had to brace myself and tie off my machine from sliding
                this one was 45 minutes show up to packed up.
                Attached Files
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Power of the K-60

                  Great pics....How hard was that bringing back up the stack??Greg
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

                  www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Power of the K-60

                    I really like having the pics up here to illustrate what ya ran into. very cool.

                    thanks Rick.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Power of the K-60

                      Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                      Great pics....How hard was that bringing back up the stack??Greg

                      greg, the 3'' vertical stack/ vent was exactly 15' to the horizontal. i know because the sections are 15' and thats where the "freefall" stopped with the cable.

                      with any sectional the open wind helps to thread the cable into the line upon it's rotation. pulling it back out i still keep it spinning forward to keep it cutting. there was a slight resistance with the 15' drop. but with it spinning, it moves fairly easy. the whole trick with this machine and handle/ clutch assy. is timing between depressing the handle to engage the cable and feeding and retrieving. doesn't take long to get the timing down.

                      try it, you'll like it

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Power of the K-60

                        Sounds good, hey, those cables, do they have an intercore cable inside...in other words, is it a cable inside a cable??? Im really leaning on buying one of these sectionals after hearing your stories....sounds like its a winner...
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

                        www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Power of the K-60

                          Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                          Sounds good, hey, those cables, do they have an intercore cable inside...in other words, is it a cable inside a cable??? Im really leaning on buying one of these sectionals after hearing your stories....sounds like its a winner...
                          the ridgid ones don't have a "innercable". so far so good. i use both the 5/8'' and 7/8'' ridgid cables with excellant results.

                          my 1.25'' sectional is a general that has a 1/2'' cable innercore. this is a monster of a cable in 10' sections.

                          general also makes cable with ridgid ends if you really want an innercore sectional cable.

                          like i said, the ridgid sectional cables have performed great.

                          rick.

                          you're east coast, i thought all you guys use sectionals there?
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Power of the K-60

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            the ridgid ones don't have a "innercable". so far so good. i use both the 5/8'' and 7/8'' ridgid cables with excellant results.

                            my 1.25'' sectional is a general that has a 1/2'' cable innercore. this is a monster of a cable in 10' sections.

                            general also makes cable with ridgid ends if you really want an innercore sectional cable.

                            like i said, the ridgid sectional cables have performed great.

                            rick.

                            you're east coast, i thought all you guys use sectionals there?


                            LOL, no, i use to use a dual eel all the time on everything....it was great, but carrying around those tires of cables got old...those sections were innercore cables, 8ft long..we would use them on 4in up to 12in pipe...I started using spartan machines after i switched companies...and i like those better...I did use the sectionals longer...but the stories on the ridgid sectionals sounds good...im not one for going on roofs...i will usually pull a toilet...but with those pics you put up, it doesnt look bad at all...there is noway you would be able to run the dual eel from a roof, unless it was flat...
                            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

                            www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Power of the K-60

                              greg, i can write a book about the k-60.

                              actually if you do some searching of old post on the k-60. i think i've wrote a novel

                              all we need now is plumbercrack to turn it into a movie

                              since you know sectionals, you'll love this little package of a machine. get it before they ban it for using steroids

                              rick.
                              phoebe it is

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X