Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: k-60 "the impressionator"

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
    Well, Sylvan is the ONLY Jewish plumber that I know. I didn't think the Torah or the Talmud allowed it. I always figured that it wasn't kosher.

Perhaps it is a NEW YORK JEWISH thing?

Either way, it humors him to get people riled up. Besides, everyone knows that jews like to haggle, perhaps he just starts off high and then works his way down?

I don't even think about the numbers of what he charges, his economy is much different than my own.
    You know 2. It's not a Jewish thing. It's a personality defect that he has. Saying Jews like to haggle is like saying black people are stupid, asian people are stingy, or that white people think they're better than everyone else. Sterotypes like those not needed amongest us. Let's focus on the plumbing discussion.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      You know 2. It's not a Jewish thing. It's a personality defect that he has. Saying Jews like to haggle is like saying black people are stupid, asian people are stingy, or that white people think they're better than everyone else. Sterotypes like those not needed amongest us. Let's focus on the plumbing discussion.
      well said gear

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        you'll buy a k-60 sooner than later

rick.
        I tried but the Ridgid rep didnt want to bring one to the shop for me to check out so I just keep looking on E-Bay. Before long I`m just gonna order it from Ferguson and flip the rep the finger
        I dont know why they have "PRODemo" on the top of the page
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          I tried but the Ridgid rep didnt want to bring one to the shop for me to check out so I just keep looking on E-Bay. Before long I`m just gonna order it from Ferguson and flip the rep the finger
          I dont know why they have "PRODemo" on the top of the page
          all clear, i'll bring you one of mine for a ride on that nice boat

i'll show you mine, if you show me yours

rick.

joey included
          phoebe it is

Comment

drain medic/ greg called me today to "brag" about an area drain line he cleared with his k-60 today.

now if i had a dollar for every k-60 get it done story, i'd be a rich man

i also did 3 separate sewer lines today. 2- 4'' and 1- 3'' with my k-60.

the homeowner has been use to me using my heavy k-7500 over the years and has helped me carrying the machine up the front stairs so not to damage his fancy stone steps.

well today i tricked him with the k-60. i carried my k-60 and 90' of 7/8'' cable by myself, at the same time. pulled out lots of roots with my custom 3'' x 4'' offset cutter. he is another homeowner that has been treated to the "impressionator"

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

drain medic/ greg called me today to "brag" about an area drain line he cleared with his k-60 today.

now if i had a dollar for every k-60 get it done story, i'd be a rich man

i also did 3 separate sewer lines today. 2- 4'' and 1- 3'' with my k-60.

the homeowner has been use to me using my heavy k-7500 over the years and has helped me carrying the machine up the front stairs so not to damage his fancy stone steps.

well today i tricked him with the k-60. i carried my k-60 and 90' of 7/8'' cable by myself, at the same time. pulled out lots of roots with my custom 3'' x 4'' offset cutter. he is another homeowner that has been treated to the "impressionator"

rick.
              Can you post a picture of the cutter? What's the advantage to this type of cutter?
              Last edited by gear junkie; 09-12-2007, 08:20 AM.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I, too, did three sewer lines yesterday using my K-60. I had a helper with me, so I didn't work as hard as you, Rick. I rarely have a helper, so it was really nice having somebody doing the bulk of the carrying and helping with the sleeve, etc. One of the sewers was from a closet flange in a bathroom with wall-to-wall white carpet. What the heck are people thinking when they carpet a bathroom? Another was for the customer we all have from time-to time who tried to compare my rates to those of a lawyer. What the heck does plumbing have to do with law any way? I always make this type of customer feel like an idiot by the time I'm done with them.

The Ridgid K-60 -- It's more than a snake. It's the Impressionator!

Bruce
                Last edited by brucestorey; 09-12-2007, 07:31 AM.

Comment

It was nice...100 yr old house, 75-80yr old storm system....Video inspected from an area drain in garage..located the pipe out in the backyard...Found the end of line discharge..uncovered it...Pipe full of mud, rocks, debris, tree roots....Used the K60 to run thru. After pulling out 2, 5 gallon buckets of tree roots, i water jetted the line...revideo inspected and the line pretty much looked brand new....The customer loved it.....
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                    It was nice...100 yr old house, 75-80yr old storm system....Video inspected from an area drain in garage..located the pipe out in the backyard...Found the end of line discharge..uncovered it...Pipe full of mud, rocks, debris, tree roots....Used the K60 to run thru. After pulling out 2, 5 gallon buckets of tree roots, i water jetted the line...revideo inspected and the line pretty much looked brand new....The customer loved it.....
                    How long did this take? If you don't mind telling; how much did you charge?

Comment

2 1/2 hrs $600+ rangeFor cable, jet and video
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Can you post a picture of the cutter? What's the advantage to this type of cutter?
                        the cutter is a 2 blade pear shape design. 1 blade is a 4'' shape and the other is a 3'' shape. the advantage is it will scrape the 4'' pipe and still get around the offsets as the other side is 3'' and allows for some deflection.

the mounting is the trick as the k-60 blade holder is a rectangular hole and not a 3/8'' hole.

i'll get a picture of it.

so this morning there are 4- k-60 stories. that's $4.00 for me

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

the cutter is a 2 blade pear shape design. 1 blade is a 4'' shape and the other is a 3'' shape. the advantage is it will scrape the 4'' pipe and still get around the offsets as the other side is 3'' and allows for some deflection.

the mounting is the trick as the k-60 blade holder is a rectangular hole and not a 3/8'' hole.

i'll get a picture of it.

so this morning there are 4- k-60 stories. that's $4.00 for me

rick.
                          Don't forget my 20% cut of the $4.00 as your agent.
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

. . .and the 50% cut as your wife Maybe you'll have enough left for an ice cream!
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

and the 33% for "the irs man"

maybe just a gumball at this point

maybe i need to raise my rate

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

You are not a very good business man. You've just spent 103% of your gross income. How can you afford to buy tools at this rate? Wait your not working under the table too are you?

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X