k-60 machine ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 machine ?

i currently own a drum cleaning machine with 3/4" cable, i am looking to get something lighter and was wondering if the k-60 would do as good a job of cutting through roots and hard blockages?

I TOO OWN DRUM CLEANING MACHINES. 750, 7500. BOTH WITH 3/4'' CABLE. I HANDLE JOBS THAT OTHER CO. SAY THEY CAN'T CLEAR. PERSONALLY I FEEL THE 60 IS A LIGHTER WEIGHT MACHINE MAX 7/8'' CABLE AND WOULD BE GOOD FOR A ROOF ACCESS JOB. I FEEL THAT THE CABLE AND MACHINE IS TOO LIGHT WEIGHT FOR HEAVY DUTY ROOTS. LOOK INTO THE 1500 MODEL FOR THAT. ALSO REMEMBER YOU'LL HAVE TO HANDLE THE SECTIONS AT 7.5'- 15' AT A TIME.
    I ALSO OWN A SECTIONAL MACHINE WITH 1.25'' CABLE. THISHAS AN INNER CABLE WITH THE OUTER SPRING. MUCH MORE STRENG IN CABLE. ALSO THE CABLE ROTATES AT APPROX. 600 RPM.
    LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS. RICK

Comment

Plumber Rick if you had to choose between the drum or sectional machine which would you choose and why?
      i really like the drum machine but the weight of lugging it around is a bit of a pain in the back,
      this is why i'm thinking of adding a lighter weight drain cleaner to my business.
      would the 1500 clear roots as well as a drum machine? also is it any lighter?
      your input is greatly appreciated.

Comment

IMO, I would stay away from the sectional machines. There OK I guess, but the cables are somewhat short and you'll spend more time fooling with cables when you could be done with the job.

No offence to Ridgid here(we have their sea-snake, Navitrack locator and also have a K-3800 machine, all excellent BTW.) But I would look into Spartan. You could probably even find some used machines.

It sounds like your looking for a mainline machine so either the Spartan 1065 which can hold 150ft of 3/4 cable or the Spartan 300 machine can hold up to 100' of .55 magnum or 75' of 5/8. The 300 machine also breaks down very easly for roof jobs.
        Also, both of these machines comes with wheels for easy transport.

I also carry an extra drum with 75' cable.

Comment

THE 1500 IS A GREAT MACHINE FOR HEAVY USE. THE ISSUE ONCE AGAIN IS DO YOU WANT TO ADD SECTIONS EVERY 15'. IN MY AREA OF TOWN I NEED ANYWHERE FROM 75' TO 125' ON AVERAGE. THE 1500 IS GOING TO BE STRONGER THAN A 7500 MACHINE. BUT A 7500 HAS WORKED GREAT FOR ME. BOTH INSIDE AND OUT. I ALSO CARRY AN EXTRA 50' OF CABLE TO ADD IF NEEDED. MUCH FASTER THAN CHANGING A DRUM.
          RICK.

Comment

Working...
          X