k-60 vs. marco 3/4''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-60 vs. marco 3/4''

well today i was in a bind. i had loaded 2-50 gallon r-19 heaters into my truck last night and in the process i had removed my k-1500 to make room for all the supplies. i figured i was going to be tied up for the day and i'll reload the next day.

well, this morning i get an emergency call from a 9 unit building. i knew it was a 6'' line and needed 115' to clear the nasty root stoppage.

as the heater job went good, i was ready to head over there by 2:30. not having my k-1500 with me, i was left with my k-60 with 150' of 7/8'' cable.

just by luck i called my buddy steve and asked his location. he was more than glad to give me a hand with his 3/4'' marco machine. i figured a 4'' cutter for the 4'' line first 25' then into 5'' next 50', then 6'' to city saddle.

all went fine until steve hit the 105' mark. after spending a good 1.5 hours, i told steve to pack it up and i will hit it with my k60. as steve was cleaning p his machine and second reel. i had already pushed into the line 90' with my 7/8'' cable and 3.5'' sawtooth cutter (my favorite). steve hearing so much hype from me on this machine, he figured he would stick around and watch.

well, he didn't have to stick around long, as in 5 minutes, i the hit the stoppage at 105' and continued to 115' for good luck. the city main is at 111' as per my video.

so my k-60 made a good first impression/ impressionator with my good buddy steve.

only reason i was hesitant was that the 7/8'' cable is rated for 4'' pipe max. i knew that the 6'' line would then open to 8'' plus as i entered the city main.
    being a very flexible cable, i was concerned that i could get twisted or knotted up.

all was well and i actually like the extra space i get from my k-60. but i know if my k-60 is scared of the big stuff,
    my k-1500 would come to his rescue.

another k-60 impressionator story.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: k-60 vs. marco 3/4''

Rick,

Quit screwing around and give Steve one of your K-60s already so he can dump all of those modified Marcos.

Mark

BTW: Admitting your buddy still uses Marcos is like admitting you like to wear pink underwear.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Rick,

Quit screwing around and give Steve one of your K-60s already so he can dump all of those modified Marcos.

Mark

BTW: Admitting your buddy still uses Marcos is like admitting you like to wear pink underwear.
      remember mark, you will be eating dinner with steve in a few weeks.

i wouldn't go telling him the pink underwear line

but i did tell him to buy one for his truck. i guess asking him to buy a dozen is a little much.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        remember mark, you will be eating dinner with steve in a few weeks.

i wouldn't go telling him the pink underwear line

but i did tell him to buy one for his truck. i guess asking him to buy a dozen is a little much.

rick.
        LOL-Steve won't care the pink underware reference was about you.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          LOL-Steve won't care the pink underware reference was about you.

Mark

actually i had a batch of fluidmaster blue underware.

when joeys turned blue too, is when i started to do my own laundry

word of advise to all. check your pockets for dye pills and cash.

joeys likes to check my pockets when i'm out of town. she typically finds enough to have a nice dinner with friends.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            actually i had a batch of fluidmaster blue underware.

when joeys turned blue too, is when i started to do my own laundry

word of advise to all. check your pockets for dye pills and cash.

joeys likes to check my pockets when i'm out of town. she typically finds enough to have a nice dinner with friends.

rick.
            That sounds like good advice but why should Joey have to go through your pockets to have a nice dinner with her friends? Your number one job in life is to make Joey's life a little more comfortable. Isn't that why we marry our wives to begin with?

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X