Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring on your K-60

Do this with your K-60

BTW this came out of a 3" sewer. The root ball is about 5" so I would love to see you pull that out with a K-60
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Bring on your K-60

Sounds like a challenge!
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The fact that you are impressed with that little root ball tells me you would really be impressed with a K-60.

Mark

BTW: Nice pictures
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It`s not the root ball that impressed me it`s the fact that it pulled it out of a 3" sewer and the roots are the size that they are.

Here's another one I did today.

I set-up my machine and got my bucket to sit on and let the machine do all the work.
        Notice:
        there`s that pipe again

Look at these roots I pulled out. They are laying in front of the machine.

sure is rough setting on that bucket not all bent over sticking cables together

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Sounds like a challenge!
          bring on your and we`ll see if it can keep up with a drum machine

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
            bring on your and we`ll see if it can keep up with a drum machine
            Rick, are you going to let him talk to you like that?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick can't hear you. He's busy putting cable sections back together

Comment

That's the kind of job

That takes a few passes to ensure the drain is open/catch any more if you can.

That section of PVC makes all the difference in the world when you're 1-manning that machine. Beats sitting down lower and two handing it, not having your hands on it to back it off or send it through slowly.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Rick dont want any of this

Comment

Josh, this would make a good natured competition at the ridgid get together. Get 2 pipes clogged with roots and let All Clear and Rick see who could clear them faster. We'll then camera the lines to see who did a better job. The men choose their weapons and meet at high noon.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think we could arrange something like that

Comment

That is a big plus to my drum machine, the speed, no cables to take apart, not only that, I love the torque my machine has, grabs more roots with less stress. Not sure how strong that sectional is.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Okay help me out here as I am trying to figure this out. Steve owns a K-7500 but not a K-60 and tells us his K-7500 is superior to a K-60. Rick owns a K-7500 and a K-60 so he can choose either machine yet he grabs his K-60 first. The way I see it the choice must come down to lack of experience on Rick's part or lack of machines on Steve's part. I'll let you guys decide.

Mark

BTW: While I have never owned a Ridgid drum machine I have owned drum machines by Quadra-plex, General, Flexible Tool, My-Tana, Marco and Gorlitz.
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

it's all fun and games. we know each other on the forum well enough to know it's not taken serious.

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            Rick can't hear you. He's busy putting cable sections back together
                            actually today was truck maintenance day. oil and filter for both the engine and trans.

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            Rick dont want any of this
                            that's only a pencil you have to compare too. try my thumb as a comparison.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Okay help me out here as I am trying to figure this out. Steve owns a K-7500 but not a K-60 and tells us his K-7500 is superior to a K-60. Rick owns a K-7500 and a K-60 so he can choose either machine yet he grabs his K-60 first. The way I see it the choice must come down to lack of experience on Rick's part or lack of machines on Steve's part. I'll let you guys decide.

Mark

BTW: While I have never owned a Ridgid drum machine I have owned drum machines by Quadra-plex, General, Flexible Tool, My-Tana, Marco and Gorlitz.
                            mark actually i own 2- 7500 and 3 or 4- 750. along with spartan 300, general 88 and a k-1500. not to mention other smaller machines.

i cleared a 6'' main line stoppage the other day with my k-60 through a 4'' c/o with 4'' cutters on it. the line was 65' long and the nasty roots were at 34- 35' in.

sure i could have used my k1500. but i gave my k-60 a shot at it.

there are times i would use a drum machine over the sectional machine, but i found that i could carry a better variety of sectional machines on the truck with more footage than i could with my drums. i carry 105' of 5/8 k-50 cable. 210' now of 7/8'' k-60 cable and 150' of 1.25'' k-1500 cable.

what all clear doesn't understand is that not every job is a simple right in your face stoppage. put his challenge on the roof, in a basement, crawlspace or any other tuff access location. the k 60 is not a replacement for every drain job out there but it does 95% of what i come across and i get a lot of jobs from other plumbers and contractors because they know i have the equipment to get the job done.

like i've stated before, there's a reason why my drum machines are sitting at my shop

josh, in that challenge, mix up the pipe sizes and access points. make him go from the basement to the roof. from 1.5'' to 6''. i want to see him sweat

also make sure you have a k-60 for all clear that he can purchase for his trip home. he has been trying to buy one locally.

i'm up for the challenge

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              josh, in that challenge, mix up the pipe sizes and access points. make him go from the basement to the roof. from 1.5'' to 6''. i want to see him sweat

also make sure you have a k-60 for all clear that he can purchase for his trip home. he has been trying to buy one locally.

i'm up for the challenge

rick.
                              All Clear, are you going to let Rick talk to you like that? I'd be at the Ridgid showdown with a k7500 a root-rippin if I was you.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X