Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera and K-60 Cart

Howdie all,

I'm new to the group. I wanted to share a few pictures with you. It's a modified hand-truck used for a K-60 and doubles for a Seasnake camera. Look at it closely... there's a deep-cycle battery hooked up to an inverter for remote camera power. I didn't build it - maybe that's why it's so clever!

Here it is...
    http://drainbiz.blogspot.com/2008/01...r-aquajet.html
    Pete
    Drain Biz
    Articles, Videos, Industry News

Re: Camera and K-60 Cart

Rick you have got to get one of em

Cool Idea
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Interesting... Is there a need for a cart for the k-60 guys?

Comment

Pete welcome to the forum, i see that your also on Cole Pub. Forum as well. As i mentioned there, love the blog, very informative.

Again, welcome, hope you stick around
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

At the present time a cart is not needed but in 10 years with a couple back injuries and I might be changing my tune. I see Ridgid already offers a cart for just the sectional cables but nothing like that. Welcome to the forum.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

it's a clean design, but the whole idea about the k-60 is the ability of taking it anywhere. it's lite and portable.

i keep 90' of cable in my carrier. by myself i carry the k-60 in 1 hand and 90' in the other hand. along with a 50' cord for power and a ring of cutters.

the ise disposal snap ring makes for a great cutter key chain

so unless you really want to store all this stuff on a dedicated cart. it's more show than go for me.

as far as the seesnake. i also carry it with my tool case monitor and i don't need the inverter as the toolcase is 12 volts already.

the only time i needed a cart was when i did 26 c/o at 1 job in a day. the cart was a rubbermaid 30'' x 48'' and it carried all my goodies for hauling butt in and out of all the individual garages.

now if you really want a machine. try my 12 volt k750 with a built in battery that i designed for a very interesting job site. 300 plus units and very few electrical outlets on the property grounds.

a generator would have been too much to lug and noisy. an inverter has a conversion efficency loss. but a true 1/2h.p 12 volt motor hauls butt.

now see if he is up to the ridgid round up challenge. good luck hauling that cart up the stairs and ladder

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              At the present time a cart is not needed but in 10 years with a couple back injuries and I might be changing my tune. I see Ridgid already offers a cart for just the sectional cables but nothing like that. Welcome to the forum.
              Re Cart: I like that cart for cameras. I used to carry a handtruck on the truck anyways, just for water heaters. If the middle shelf on that cart would come on and off easily instead of being welded on, that would have been real handy. Having a car battery as a power source saved all the time of running extension cords and looking for a place to plug in. This thing was designed before barrey-packs were available. It was great for those "special jobs". Just a thought.....
              Last edited by Pete M; 01-11-2008, 09:21 PM.
              Pete
              Drain Biz

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                Pete welcome to the forum, i see that your also on Cole Pub. Forum as well. As i mentioned there, love the blog, very informative.

Again, welcome, hope you stick around
                Yes, that's me. Cole Publishing (Cleaner magazine) and I go back a long way together. I used to put on seminars in Nashville and wrote an article or two for Cleaner magazine when Cameras, Locators and Jetters were first hitting the scene. Those experiences changed my whole career.
                Pete
                Drain Biz

Comment

Originally posted by Pete M View Post
                  Yes, that's me. Cole Publishing (Cleaner magazine) and I go back a long way together. I used to put on seminars in Nashville and wrote an article or two for Cleaner magazine when Cameras, Locators and Jetters were first hitting the scene. Those experiences changed my whole career.
                  Will we be seeing you in Kentucky this year??
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                    Will we be seeing you in Kentucky this year??
                    I can't make it this year. I'm booked with a number of seminars and sales training classes for techs. Plumbing and drain companies in Michigan are getting hit pretty hard right now. Sooooooo..... I go in the field to help them sell sewer work, negotiate with insurance companies, give classes, etc.

The slower they get, the busier I'm getting. I miss my pals at the show.
                    Pete
                    Drain Biz

Comment

Working...
                    X