X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Helping me get ahead of the curve on k60

Sounds like it would work but it's just one more thing to carry, plus looping the cable is so easy.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

because vise grips could fall down a 3" vent

A cable would be easy to retrieve, vise grips would be a B itch
      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        Just a thought, from a guy that doesn't own a k-60. On the chance of loosing a section down the stack, How about snapping on a vise grip over the cable as a safety,while connecting?????
        i quit using the "key" to uncouple sections and have gone with a long shafted phillips screwdriver. i keep one at the cable carrier and one at the machine. when i'm ready for the next section i just put the screwdrive in the hole and lay the screwdriver across the pipe. it is less likely to get away from me.

now as to connecting i just make damn sure my left hand is on the cable in the pipe and my right is on the next section. i don't eventhink of releasing either hand until i've tugged and tried to unhook the two cables. so far so good. knock on wood

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
          when i'm ready for the next section i just put the screwdrive in the hole and lay the screwdriver across the pipe.
          Exceellent.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            i quit using the "key" to uncouple sections and have gone with a long shafted phillips screwdriver. i keep one at the cable carrier and one at the machine. when i'm ready for the next section i just put the screwdrive in the hole and lay the screwdriver across the pipe. it is less likely to get away from me.

now as to connecting i just make damn sure my left hand is on the cable in the pipe and my right is on the next section. i don't eventhink of releasing either hand until i've tugged and tried to unhook the two cables. so far so good. knock on wood

steve
            steve, i got tired of loosing the little connector key. so i too made a Phillips into a very nice release tool. i did have to turn it don a little to fit the hole properly. a simple task with a drill press and a flapper wheel on the grinder/ buffer.

ben. i like your cutter carrier better than mine. i use the old snap rings from ise disposals to carry 6 asst. cutters. yours is easier to remove than spinning a few out of the way.

i also got tired of wearing out my ugly gloves on a sectional. now i'm back to leather with surgical gloves underneath. they do wear longer and cost only a $1.00 a pair.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i also got tired of wearing out my ugly gloves on a sectional. now i'm back to leather with surgical gloves underneath. they do wear longer and cost only a $1.00 a pair.
              Where do you get yours at? Are these the stapled palm gloves?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                Me too!!!! I get some pretty good deals from a new place called Genlee Corporation.

I use the Safety LTX Gloves under my leather Dbl Palm Gloves

I got 1000 Ltx
                and 4 Dz of the leather Gloves for $155.64

www.genlee.com
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Rick ,old disposal snap rings,Brilliant! I can see many uses for these. A little gold spray paint and, some beautiful ear rings for Momma!
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Rick ,old disposal snap rings,Brilliant! I can see many uses for these. A little gold spray paint and, some beautiful ear rings for Momma!
                    also makes for a good key ring for building keys. nothing marked, just in a order and key make.

joey doesn't wear jewelry i find. ask her about the earing i dug out of a sink drain in the middle of the amazon with a hook from a kerosene lantern.

it's gold and as good as new. maybe because i only have one?

was it the right ear or left ear

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Figured out a faster way to feed it when using the rear guide hose. Put your cables in the carrier female end first. Place the carrier directly behind the 60. Place the front end of the guide hose behind the 60 and on top of the carrier but don't attach it to the machine. Bend the hose so the rear of the hose comes back to you. Grab the male end of the cable and feed it through the back end of the hose and feed it directly from the carrier through the hose. Attach the male cable end to the previous cable and continue on. The front end of the hose will just float while running the cable. I can stay in the same spot and attach another cable in less than a minute.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X